on 29 August 2013
wow! What a novel. This book was chosen for our book club read and I wouldn't have picked it up but boy am I glad that I did. There has been a surge of erotica post-fifty shades and they are all starting to get a little bit on the similar side, lots of girls biting lips and orgasming left right and centre, but if you are looking for something a bit different from the norm, a bit less mainstream, you have come to the right place. This is a wonderful concept for a novel-a secret society that help women overcome their sexual fears, their insecurities and let them play out every fantasy they have ever had!

This book is set in New Orleans and starts out pretty simple, just like the beginning of any women's fictions novel, we meet Cassie, someone who has kinda of shut herself off from the world since her alcoholic husband was killed in a car accident. He was an a suite partner and one who didn't really believe in her and so now she goes to work in a coffee shop, comes home to her cat and that is pretty much her existence. I loved Cassie as a character, she had to be fairly quiet and open to suggesting in order to take on the SECRET way of life, and I think this worked really well for the novel.

Along the way she meets other people involved in SECRET including a local governor, a hip hop star and a whole host of women high up in New Orleans society who help her with her journey. Her boss Will is also a main character in the novel and has so much potential to be a lovely guy but is being held back by his shallow girlfriend Tracina. All these characters are so well written, this book is no way just about the sex scenes!

I found the sex scenes really well-written too though. There were some realistic fantasies and some not so realistic. I particularly enjoyed her first fantasy involving a massage that was all about her, very realistic that sometimes all we need to some time that is just about us! There was nothing too shocking, no scary whips and chains and nothing too taboo either which I thought was good. This was a quick read and so good if you've not enjoyed erotic fiction in the past and therefore great for a book group read too. The characters and storyline were well developed and the whole novel very enjoyable
on 15 April 2015
Not long finished reading this, story line a bit slow to start with, was going to give it up, but kept going, glad I did!!, the book starts to get interesting WOW, only if they had a S.E.C.R.E.T. place in real life, I would jump at the chance of joining it. Can't wait to start reading the second book to see how the characters get on
on 2 June 2016
Loved the Series and would recommend this book
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Having been a HUGE FAN of the SECRET trilogy so far (S.E.C.R.E.T. and S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared), I was eagerly anticipating the third and final part of the series, S.E.C.R.E.T. Revealed!

In S.E.C.R.E.T. Revealed, we meet up again with Cassie, who had been with us since book one. All Cassie has ever wanted is Will Foret and his love. But when she finally had him, he discovered Cassie’s role in S.E.C.R.E.T., the underground group devoted to helping women experience their deepest sexual fantasies, and his reaction crushed Cassie. Now Cassie has devoted herself to helping new S.E.C.R.E.T. recruit Solange, a stunning woman who has a great career but needs a helping hand with her love life. As both women go on their journeys, will they find what they desire and want the most?

I was very keen to know where Cassie’s journey would take her in this book. Having been by Cassie’s side since the first book, I really thought of her as a friend and she was someone that I had very much bonded with over every novel, and so I was eager to continue this part with her. It felt like meeting up with one of my best friends, and I rooted for her throughout as I desperately wanted her to get the outcome she so wanted and deserved.

I also really liked the new character Solange, I liked her personality and her first encounter as part of S.E.C.R.E.T. drew me in to her story straight away. There is a lot of steamy and passionate moments, and personally I think this book was the hottest of them all – L. Marie Adeline really wrote some fantastic scenes and I know her readers will be THRILLED with them like I was!

For me, S.E.C.R.E.T. Revealed is the highlight of all three books – it was EVERYTHING I had hoped it would be and more! S.E.C.R.E.T. Revealed is passionate, sizzling, steamy and has a brilliant storyline that will keep you gripped until the last page – this is a great ending to the S.E.C.R.E.T. series. Wow.
Argh, I can't believe this is the final book in the Secret series! The concept has been really enjoyable as has reading about Cassie's exploits.

Now a confident woman Cassie thinks she has it all, the man, the job and a happy life but it all comes tumbling down when Will finds out about S.E.C.R.E.T.

S.E.C.R.E.T. Revealed follows Cassie once again as she tries to come to terms without Will and but again the gorgeous Jesse makes a reappearance into her life (although in this book he was a bit of a moody jerk and irritated me somewhat, but hey, that's just me!).

The new S.E.C.R.E.T. nominee is Solange Faraday, a well-known personality who is confident and powerful but lonely having separated from her husband after the birth of their child. Needless to say, Solange's STEPS are *cough* rather HOT and STEAMY but is she truly over the man she loved and lost, her ex-husband Julius?

The enigmatic Pierre Castille also plays a part in this book but I found his parting gift a little unbelievable, especially after he had been such a moron in book 2.

For me personally, I felt like there was a little too much going on in this book, you had Cassie, Will, Claire, Solange, Julius, & Jesse all with a story to tell and trying to keep up with each of them made the story lack continuity at times. That said, I still enjoyed each of them immensely.

So what's next for L Marie Adeline? Surely this isn't the end of this writer's pseudonym. I hope not!

Reviewed on behalf of Jezabell Girl & Friends...

Copy provided via Netgalley
on 6 May 2014
Review: this was a fitting end to this wonderful trilogy! I was a little apprehensive that, being the last book in the trilogy, this book would be a bit of a let down, but it wasn't! It tied up all of the loose ends and was a good solid ending to what has been a great story! I actually didn't realise how much I was waiting for this final book but because the storyline for this series is so compelling and you always always find yourself rooting for Cassie and wanting the best things to happen for her, you too will be waiting for this final installment!

The storyline is very much the same as in the other books except featuring a few more characters and not focusing as much on Cassie and her sex life as in the other novels. It focuses on her romantic relationships and friendships a lot more this time, and her involvement with SECRET is not as much as in the regions novels. Don't worry though, there is still plenty of SECRET action and plenty of hot and steamy sex scenes. One of the best things about these novels is that women are really and truly empowered, they get to take charge of their destiny and it is women helping each other that lead to all the fun and happy things in these novels. Although people may poo poo novels like this because of the high sex content, they really are putting a good message out there about women empowering themselves and supporting other women.

This is the final book in a trilogy and you really do need to have read the other books in the series to enjoy this one. It's a brilliant book in its own right but to understand Cassie, her relationships and indeed, SECRET itself, you need to have read the first two in the series. Not like this is a hardship though and the whole trilogy is a brilliant read and is so compelling you won't be able to out it down until you've finished the whole thing. Solange is a great addition to the cast list and the men in the novels really come into their own in this book. I honestly can't fault this, it was a fun read with just the right pace, just the right amount of sex and the just the right aww factor at the end!
on 14 February 2013
When this book came in the post, it intrigued me immediately. The cover is STUNNING - I love the purple and the charm bracelet had me interested - what did it have to do with the story? I could not wait to get started!

Cassie is in her thirties and a widow after her abusive husband died. She hasn't had sex in five years, does not socialize much and works as a waitress in the rundown Cafe Rose. She regularly watches a young couple who are very much in love come in the Cafe regularly, and wishes she had someone to pour the same affection on her as the man does to the young lady - someone to touch her the way he does, look at her the way he does, kiss her hand the way he does. One day, the mysterious woman leaves behind a purple notebook with her initials on it. Glancing at a page, the explicit contents shock her, but she is curious, and stumbles upon S.E.C.R.E.T. - a society dedicated to helping women to realize and fulfil their most intimate fantasies...

Wow. That was literally all I could say after I had turned the last page of the book. I was hooked throughout, I finished the whole book in just one day because I literally could not put it down. I thoroughly enjoyed S.E.C.R.E.T., the best part about it was that L. Marie Adeline did not give away everything at once, but rather it unravelled slowly through the pages so that it could be savoured and taken in. From the beginning I had lots of questions in my head - What was S.E.C.R.E.T.? What did it stand for? Would Cassie get involved in such a thing? How would it turn out?

The characters were fantastically written, Cassie was instantly likeable and I warmed to her straight away. I liked that she was a vulnerable character with no direction in life, as this again pulled me towards her and I was positively delighted when things started to take a turn in her life, I became very involved in her story and was cheering her on to grow in confidence and be a brave, strong heroine As a character Cassie drew me in from the first chapter and I was desperate to know how she would cope with what lay ahead, how she would react, and her progression throughout the story. The men....well, all I will say is that you might need to sit near an open window whilst reading this because it gets VERY steamy! I wish some of these men were available in real life!

There are some sex books that are written really well and others not so, but this one excelled! The scenes in S.E.C.R.E.T. are sizzling, and what I really like is that there was a strong story and plot line built up around it, so the erotic scenes flowed wonderfully in line with the pace of the book! I also loved the side stories and the other characters that are explored in the book, so the focus is not always on Cassie. This worked really well as it not only gave depth to the book, but it was a break from the sex scenes, so that the anticipation and suspense could build up again, and it left me always looking forward to the next part.

S.E.C.R.E.T. is a fantastically written book that is sizzling, sexy and thrilling at the same time! This is a story that is gripping, impossible to put down, and it will have you on the edge of your seat. S.E.C.R.E.T. is actually part of a series and so there is another book to anticipate and look forward to, and personally, I can not wait to see what happens next! Make some time in your life for S.E.C.R.E.T. - You won't regret it!
on 14 February 2013
I devoured this story of Cassie and her sensual awakening with the help of the secret community of women. These women have banded together to enlist one other per year who desperately needs their help, they will take these broken spirits and make their most erotic fantasies come true thereby empowering them and building their confidence in life.

Cassie is completely broken, her spirit is crushed, her relationships with men have been destructive. She thinks she is nothing. Cassie was married and her husband was physically and mentally abusive, he eventually died after a drink-driving accident which may have been a suicide leaving Cassie in a severely depressed state, she is literally existing. She lives for her work, as a waitress at a local cafe where her boss, Will, has tried to romance Cassie, she has feelings for him but is frozen in her depressive state. One day, a glamourous lady who visits the cafe leaves her journal behind and this changes everything................

It is rare that a story touches me like this one, I adored Cassie and was rooting for her all the way through. I was shocked at the ending, it wasn't what I expected and I do like to be surprised. I will be thinking about Cassie for a long time and wondering how she is getting on and whether this talented author may decide to continue her story - if she does, I will be waiting with baited breath. Stunning erotic empowerment story!

I received this book courtesy of NetGalley for a fair and honest review.
on 8 March 2013
REVIEW: S.E.C.R.E.T. is the first storyline in L.Marie Adeline's new series focusing on a secret club for women only. The premise is such that experienced women who have previously gone through the ten-step sexual program will mentor one new recruit per year. The recruits are women who are deemed `worthy' of the S.E.C.R.E.T society.

S.E.C.R.E.T. is an acronym Safe, Erotic, Compelling, Romantic, Ecstatic and Transformative. The club is run by women for women who want to experience their sexual fantasies without fear of retribution or intimidation. Each step requires their acceptance and the sexual fantasy must be played out to its end. And for each successful conclusion, the women are `awarded' a gold charm symbolizing another step in their sexual transformation and liberation.

The reader is taken on one woman's journey through S.E.C.R.E.T.'s ten step program -35 year old widow Cassie Robichaud-as she struggles with her daily life. Accepting an offer to join S.E.C.R.E.T, Cassie endeavors to step outside of her comfort zone to experience the fantasies she has only ever dreamt of. We watch as each `step' brings Cassie closer to the realization that there is more to life than the daily grind.

The storyline had promise but fell flat in many areas. First and foremost, it has been described as a more mature Fifty Shades-but it does not come close to being in the same category or similar premise. The sex scenes are stilted and almost robotic; too quick to come to fruition; and the detail is limited. The sexual fantasy scenarios could have been played up with more energy, more descriptive narration and more steam. In the end, I was left `unfulfilled'. Another area not addressed are the men involved in the sexual fantasies. There is never any explanation as to `how' these men became involved with S.E.C.R.E.T. and in most cases we do not know anything about their characters. They are simply a means to a fantasy lover and a means to an orgasm. There are two willing men who have the potential for something more permanent, but rules of the `club' state that once a relationship is established off-side, the woman is forbidden to continue on her sexual journey with S.E.C.R.E.T.

The character of Cassis is searching for something in her life, and when she finally figures out who and what she wants, she is blind sided and suffers terrible heart ache at the expense of someone with whom she has fallen in love. The town of New Orleans is the setting for S.E.C.R.E.T. and many of Cassie's acquaintances are part of the club. She will meet up with the men and women who create her fantasy but in the end, it is Cassie who must make the decision about whom and what she wants.

S.E.C.R.E.T. is an interesting storyline that failed to reach its potential. I can only hope that the author L.Marie Adeline (not her real name) brings in a more descriptive storyline for the second instalment because the first book barely scratched the surface of what could have been a great story.

See all of my reviews at thereadingcafe.com
on 4 June 2014
There were a few lose ends to tie up after book 2, such as What would Pierre's very public actions do to S.E.C.R.E.T? Would Cassie lose Will forever? To help answer these questions, a new recruit comes into the picture, Solange, a successful journalist who's personal life is not as successful. She's defensive, direct and controlled, not used to letting herself go.
We meet some of the recruits from the last book as they appear in Solange's fantasies, such as Dominic and I would be very happy with the services he provided.
Cassie is stronger, she doesn't need a man to make her happy, if Will doesn't want her it's his loss, she decided she "wasn't one of those women who would rather be with anyone than alone. Alone was not scary anymore. Alone was challenging, but it was also deeply satisfying. Alone was not lonely", a sentiment I definitely agree with. Cassie considers leaving her job but Matilda's wise words persuade her to stay "there are opportunities buried in all this heartbreak. You just have to look for them".
Pierre is a misogynist, he's threatening, menacing and not used to have a woman say no to him. Solange is the perfect person to stand up to him, he is shocked by her, she is a match for him when it comes to confidence and belated after their meet he realises the error of his ways.
I wasn't sure, based on previous criteria, why Solange was chosen by the society as a candidate but both she and the society got things out of their partnership. I wasn't as drawn to her as a character as I was Cassie and the fantasies were a bit of a let down after the excitement of book 2.
It is a good read though and drew conclusions to open story lines cleanly and with style.