Customer reviews

2,316
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 7 May 2014
I bought this book because everyone else seemed to be doing so.. I was not disappointed, but the structure was not entirely convincing. What did we gain from learning that one Ursula died in childbirth And why did the blitz kill her off twice? But the idea of how apparently minor accidents and decisions can have big long term implications was interesting. And it reads very well, both as something to think about and to enjoy as a light read.
on 17 April 2014
I found this book a bit strange at first as it seems to be about parallel universes. The same life being lived over and over but with different choices or actions taken at critical moments that lead to different outcomes. The writing is excellent and although it takes a few pages to get used to, the style of the story is very clever and captivating.
VINE VOICEon 18 October 2014
Loved this, another brilliant Kate Atkinson book. It has a very interesting premise, what if you could relive past areas of your life, areas that need you to take a different course of actions, to preserve your happiness, sanity or even your life. If you like her books you'll love this.
on 23 February 2017
I have never rated a novel at 5 stars before. After the sheer brilliance of the prose and structure I could talk about the book beinging evocative, spell binding, compelling which would be a woefully inadequate analysis. Read it, tell your friends to read it, give your copy to a random stranger. Enjoy
on 28 July 2017
Interesting story but irritated by the ploy of suggesting several different outcomes in the plot which seemed artificial and unnecessary.
on 6 February 2017
A brilliant book which engaged me from the very first page. This was my first time reading Atkinson and can't wait for more. The characters come to life and the premise of what if... works a lot better than I imagined.
on 28 March 2014
I've read a number of mixed reviews of this book but chose to make up my own mind - I'm so glad I did! Yes it flits about, but that's the intriguing part of it. It makes you use your brain a little and that's no bad thing. Use it or lose it people!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 February 2015
An unusual tale from a master storyteller. I found this a little slow to start but when I adjusted to the structure I found it almost impossible to put down. I loved it.
on 7 June 2013
I haven't read many books that have made me cry as much as this one. I won't spoil it, except to say I found I had to have a break from it periodically and read something light-hearted as I found it quite upsetting. Amazing plotting though and written so beautifully.
on 28 March 2014
A good read and very descriptive in all characters and settings.
A change of scene for me as I normally read detective or historical books . Enjoyed the storyline and would recommend this book to all