on 12 September 2013
I've been using this board in a new build PC for around two months now with no problems. The board fit easily into my case (BitFenix Merc Alpha Midi Tower Chassis) with enough ports for everything I required and running an AMD FX-8320, Radeon HD7850, 8gb ram, an ssd and 2 hdd.

Installation was easy and it's been running well. Very good value.
on 19 October 2015
Never had an MSI board or GPU die on me, I've bought about thirty products from them over last five years.
This board has all I need for a basic gaming, surfing PC, and the bios would be okay if Windows hadn't decided to make us use their own crappy bios settings and bypass UEFI all together "Which for me resulted in my fans running at 100% all the time". Stupid microsoft!
on 2 May 2015
Its been around 5 months and loving the mobo, I should of got the G46 but got this instead because of the price, I noticed when i turn of the PC there is a pssttt sound, I never had it on my old mobo, Its been very reliable upto now, This mobo has SATA III 6GB/s It comes with SATA III cables, I use this mobo for gaming and its been very reliable.

My specs:
AMD FX 4130 3.8 (AMD FX 6300 soon)
8GB 1333mhz
WD 500GB Desktop SATA Hard Drive OEM
EVGA 500W PC Power Supply
Cooler Master K-Series K280 Case
on 30 October 2015
When initially set up I had problems with memory slots when trying to use DDR3 1866MHz memory and had to use lower spec memory. However, once I obtained more up-to-date drivers from MSI my current set up on this mother board seems to now work as it should.
on 20 December 2014
This motherboard worked great for the first 3 months, but my computer has recently started cutting out while playing games. I was concerned about this and so I ran some diagnostics and there seemed to be no problems. I run an fx-8350 on this motherboard (same thing as an fx-8320). Apparently other users are having this same issue as well. I am going to try to return this motherboard under the 3 year warranty if possible and will update this review in the new year.
77 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2014
Brilliant board, had no problems with it, manual was very helpful and was even impressed by fast delivery time. i would recommend this board to everyone in particular fist time PC builders as per the clear and easy to follow instructions.
on 26 January 2014
Very easy to install but i would advise close study of the manual for the external power/reset headers. Easily accepted my 8350 and it has been keeping very cool.The drivers it comes with are fine and the OC utility does allow for easy modifications to the clocks of your processor and RAM.

In overview i would highly recommend this motherboard as it has a strong build and you get your moneys worth out of it with its abilities.
Solid 5 starts from me,
on 5 December 2014
There are cheaper and better alternatives out there these days. This motherboard uses a 4+1 power phase for the CPU, as expected for the price, but with no cooling on the vrms. So if you use a 125W TDP or higher CPU, those will get quite hot. Some people claim they've fried their motherboard with stock settings. They get very warm with just a 95W TDP CPU. You can add some heatsinks to the vrms to fix the issue, so not a big problem imo. Biggest flaw on this motherboard is the fan speed controls. I can't seem to control my CPU fan at all. It's at 50-80% at default and you can only make it spin faster. The case fans aren't any better with the options of Auto speed or 50-100% manual speed (adjustable at 10% intervals). If you have 2x12CM fans at 50% in a small case, it's just overkill and very loud. There are no separate options for the 2 system fan headers. Whatever you select is applied to both fans. So if you get this motherboard, your cpu cooler needs to have a 12CM or 120MM fan unless you want your computer to sound like a leaf blower. As for case fans, get a 5.25" or a 3.5" fan controller that you can attach to the front of your case so that you can manually adjust the fan speeds.
on 23 July 2015
Do NOT buy this motherboard if you want to use FX8000 series or FX9000 series processors. And if you are foolish enough to buy it while expecting it to work with those CPUs, whatever you do, do NOT update the BIOS. The latest BIOS from MSI will deliberately disable your system. You will be presented on bootup with a message in red letters: "MB thermal design doesn't support CPU over 200w!! System will auto shutdown after 5 seconds to protect your motherboard!". This is really poor form on the part of MSI - they do not prompt beforehand that you accept that your motherboard will be disabled and they do sell this motherboard on the basis that it is FX processor compatible (but apparently not all FX series processors anymore!). Neither does there appear to be any obvious way of downgrading the BIOS to a previous version.

So far MSI's response to people complaining about this appears to be a shrug of the shoulders and responses along the line: '...you should have checked the compatibility list on our website.." [despite that fact that the packaging comes labelled "Supports AMD FX" and badged with a compatibility logo: "Unlocked FX Processor AMD"]!
on 28 September 2015
Motherboard has plenty of slots for all of the extras I use, and still has many remaining. Comes with software to optimise the efficiency of the motherboard. Runs very well and is excellent for large high-end desktop computers.