on 16 April 2013
This book is evidence of the fact that a sense of humour is a very personal thing. It completely failed to make me laugh - to me, it felt contrives and its humour was "in your face". I'm sure it will please a lot of people but I'm not one of them.
on 12 January 2013
This is a review of The Idiot Government Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Satirical Comedy)

This book, like the others in the series, tells the story through reviews of products available on Amazon.co.uk.

Full of instantly recognisable characters from the world of politics, like Cameron Davies, Ted Williebond, Elouise Munch and Gary Usborn, the story lurches from the sublimely funny to the ridiculous, offering an insight into the murky world of political intrigue.

This book caricatures recent political history in 'Southamptonshire', and, with a little thought, accurately reflects some real events though in a typically oblique way. A lot of the fun in this book is trying to work out the satirical references.

Though it will date very quickly as political events don't last long in the public consciousness, it is an entertaining book, with some laugh out loud moments.

4 stars for this original concept.

Please note that I received my review copy direct from the author Pete Sortwell.
on 18 December 2012
Well this is the one, if you have ideas about the government this is about as good as they get,being imparcial myself as i dont have an opinion on our government (see i can lie like them) it just shows what a useless bunch of twats they really are, although fictitious characters once again we can see these people in the government old school network and all, the author has captured this well 3rd in the series and this is the best yet had me laughing and visualising them using the reviewed items. If you want some light relief from the governments strangle hold this is for you enjoy :).
on 24 March 2013
I like it alot. I brought this after reading the others in the Idiot Review series, It's a little different as in you can tell who the characters are supposed to be. It's just as funny though and a really clever way of writing. I'm looking forward to more from this author.
on 22 September 2013
It's an unusual idea and it works quite well. Each product reviewed leads to a further incident in a tangled web of political machinations, some of which are very funny. The way the author ties up the individual incidents is clever, and often funnier than the incidents themselves.
One can easily identify the real characters behind the names and the topical politics of 2012-13. But, as with all books of this nature, in five years time it will have lost most of its punch. The corrupt and self-serving nature of British politicians is now so well known that the reader cannot avoid approaching the book with a somewhat jaded view, and with expectations of predictability. However, the author's choice of bizarre, slapstick incidents manages to overcome this, and I found myself chuckling in many places. My favourite was Chancellor Gary Osburn's mistaking his staff for protesters and spraying them with pepper spray.
on 24 March 2013
Read it in one sitting. I've been a fan of this author since I read The Village Idiot Reviews, this is the third in the series that i've read and just as good. I like how I could guess who the real people the characters where based on. there were several moments when I wished I wasn't in public reading it, due to laughing out loud and looking crazy. I'm looking forward to the next release.
on 5 June 2013
I got this book on a free download however I would have paid double the asking price it is now. I loved the way it was written in reviews and I loved the way the writer has poked those in power with a stick. Cameron Davies is clearly the PM and he's often left with egg on his face, much like the leader we have now!

I great read.
on 21 April 2013
Well. First of all congratulation for the Author, as this book is just amazing. Straight from the beginning its catch your attention, and drag you trough the whole book. The funny fact is, how the book been write. You can recognise who are the real peoples behind the characters. The facts been highlighted in the book ..well its make everyone think. After the book you will realise how useless job they make in the government, and how much they care about the country. I read this book over 2-3 day, but if you have a lot of time you can easly read it in one sitting. Really Funny and enjoyable. Highly Recommended!
on 28 March 2013
I've been a follower of this series for a while now, loved the last 2 books! I believe this is the 3rd in the series, and just as funny as the others. As the title suggests, it is a little bit more satirical and takes a swipe at the inadequacies of the government, but still keeping the same distinctive style that made the previous books so hilarious :-)

A very easy read after a long day, made me chuckle out loud which is always a good sign!
on 26 September 2013
I love this series of books: ingenious, clever and funny. Read in a day or so - and as you are reading it, click on the actual Amazon links for an even funnier experience. Super series and I hope he does more (yes, I have read the Village Idiot ones, which are also great).