My son absolutely loves Peppa Pig and like many little boys his age; George and Mr Dinosaur. He loves Peppa Pig so much that we have his room as a Peppa & George Pig Space theme room with a huge Peppa and George wall mural, George and Mr Dinosaur teddy's, space rocket light shade and rug etc etc.
We have several Peppa Pig books but none really center specifically on George and so when I spotted this book I knew I had to get it for him and my son loves being read the book before bedtime. The book loosely follows the tv programme about George's First Day at Playgroup - which we must have watched a hundred times and like most of the episodes and most parents who have to watch Peppa Pig I think I could say it word for word!
The book is short and sweet and just perfect really for a bedtime story at only 24 pages long, which are all filled with bright colourful pictures and short amounts of text on every other page. The story is about George's first day at playgroup and how Peppa is looking after him by showing him how to draw a flower but George decides to draw a "Dine-saw" instead.
The book is a paperback rather than a board book which I would have preferred as I can see it becoming tatty easily from all of the re-reading this is going to get! A perfect little short story for any Peppa and George fan and a definite thumbs up in our house:)
on 29 April 2017
Another great Peppa Pig story book. Great for teaching kids about playgroup and the other's about other things in their life. Great colours and pictures, good value!
on 5 May 2017
Lovely! And great value.
on 11 May 2013
Spent awhile online trying to find a book that was about George Pig. My 2 year old son loves the series & has many Peppa Pig books but George & Mr Dinosaur are his favourite. Did not disappoint. Re read many a time!
on 21 November 2014
Just right for someone about to embark on an adventure of playschool.
on 25 April 2017
My daughter loves it, great for the price
on 7 December 2011
My daughter was due to start nursery so I bought her this book along side 'Spots first day of school' to introduce her to nursery life.
The spot one is fantastic for explaining what will happen when they go to nursery but this Peppa pig one just doesn't do the job. It does follow the story from the tv show to an extent and if that's what your after then this is a good book. I would recommend it to a peppa pig fan as its just as good as the other peppa books. But don't bother buying it as a teaching aid.
on 23 February 2014
poor showing as it only loads the cover page then goes straight to the end asking you to buy more. very disappointed children waiting for their story
on 18 April 2017
Grandson loves it!
on 1 June 2012
My little one just loved this book. Its well printed, nice colours and great size!
As his favorite character is George Pig, I was really sure was a great present.
I can highly recommend.