Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.03

on 26 January 2016
This book wasn't quite what I expected however I did find it interesting. Very dark, brooding pictures. Beautiful but not necessarily what I would want to make. The book itself is less than 100 pages but it does have a lot of content and information in it. Whilst I'm surprisingly pleased with the book it was not quite what I was expecting. I would recommend this though as it has a lot packed into a little book.
on 28 July 2013
I saw Andre Hunter's felt pictures at Hawes Gallery and was amazed by the work and the way that the texture of the felt helped to convey the landscape and the animals. Following this up at her Gallery, she showed us how she made the pictures and so I bought the book. Members of my local craft group were so impressed that we bought a whole set of books and are planning to try out the instructions, which seem to be very clear. The book won't turn us into artists but may help some of our artists to make felt pictures.
on 9 January 2013
a nice book to read and then follow instruction that are clear and precise, small pictures would make great cards, you do need a bit of imagination and a eye for colour but that is overcome by her instructions on translating photo to actual felted picture work. Clear instructions with picture prompts to help you along.
on 12 August 2017
Brilliant book
on 28 March 2012
This book starts with the basics of wet felt making, and for anyone who has made felt unusually this tells you more about creating landscape pictures rather than just felt bases for decoration using stitch. I have seen the authors work & it is stunning. It is not a large book but gives lots of information. The author does not use an embellishing machine but I should imagine that this could be used for quite a bit of the work. I shall be giving it a try. A good buy if you want some ideas for something rather different in this craft.
on 30 July 2012
What a brilliant book! I can honestly say that I'd never imagined you could get these sort of effects with felt, this book has really changed my whole approach to felting. The author clearly uses the wool as an art medium, painting in wool, in a way that makes this craft much more modern and inspiring, and she gives good, clear instructions. It is unusual to find a book that not only inspires you, but also gives you just the information you need to take a new direction forward.
on 12 March 2017
Just what I wanted!
on 22 May 2012
In this slight book Andrea Hunter explains with great photos and pictures throughout how to draw and paint with felt. She is generous with sharing her own processes and methodology; which are a world away from the whimsy with which felt is often associated.
It is written from the heart sharing her real passion for rural arts and crafts and with her subject Wensleydale landscape and .. sheep. It provides practical information about working with fleece and picture making so that a beginner can follow, but also would give a good basis for other textile and fine artists. well worth the money ! Or even better go on one of her courses if you get the chance.
on 10 April 2013
While I was there I just fell in love with her fantastic work but it was out of my pocket range. Now I have mastered wet felting I can make my own I have made one picture upto now and every one loves it.
on 25 November 2012
fantastic projects and make easy to follow. I also like the templates for those that can't draw, I'm very inspired.