on 11 August 2013
0 stars.
Worst book I have ever read. The writing is naive in style and concept
There is at least one error per page. Poor grammar. Incorrect or mis-spelt words and sometimes extra or missing words. Lack of punctuation and capitalisation of words.
I kind of feel that I want my money back.
PATHETIC!!!
on 3 July 2013
I can live with the many errors on almost every page- reign for rein, form and from, the complete absence of apostrophes and lack of the conventions of speech punctuation but the anachronisms of using precise dates and writing as though you have just downloaded a few pages of Wikipedia are inexcusable. The page after page of travelogue description was sleep inducing. The characters are well formulated but they will not make me buy another book by this author- he is just too dull.
on 15 March 2013
Awful grammar, words missing, huge amount of spelling mistakes. Almost unreadable!!! WILL NOT PURCASE ANY MORE BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR.
on 14 June 2013
Having bought the book I glanced at the reviews; not the ideal sequence as the reviews were all bad. I thought I might as well read it to see for myself. It's a good story line based on historical elements, however the style is too basic for me with numerous repetitions of detail. Why does an author allow a book to go to print with so many spelling mistakes. I will not be buying the next book.
on 16 September 2013
A good storyline that kept me reading and wanting more but the number of spelling and grammatical errors left me disappointed.
on 2 April 2013
As previous reviews if you can get past the spelling mistakes, incomplete sentences and general untidy wording the result is still frustrating. I don't know whether the book was converted to Kindle by voice recognition or OCR but if it was the former it was possibly done by Albert E Arkwright or if the latter by an early ZX Spectrum. I found the story itself quite basic and with simplifications (or at least I hope they were intended simplifications) liberally coated onto political geography (really, "France" in the 1100's?) and religious beliefs of the Christians, Muslims and Jews in the Holy Land (surely "Outremer" at this time?). As has been pointed out why bother with the mysteries of the ages when a barely pubescent youth can sort it out without too much trouble? It is also slightly odd that a boy from a high value farm /vineyard can essentially just decide to be a Knight with next to no training (okay, the farm manager taught him a few good moves) to a standard where he is striking down battle hardened foes without too much bother. If you've ever read a Jack Whyte or Robyn Young book then my opinion would be don't buy this one unless you're the type of person who doesn't shout at televisions or, more to the point, throw Kindles. If you haven't read a Jack Whyte or Robyn Young book then my opinion would be to buy one of those instead - they might be several times the cost of this one but there's a reason for that.

Granville,....get your cloth!!
on 4 August 2014
It appears that the publisher has never heard of a proof reader!
This is a book that is ruined by poor grammar, spelling mistakes, terrible syntax and sentences that just do not make sense! It is so bad I had to make myself read it which is a pity because the story is quite good.
For an author (or publisher) not to know the difference between the spelling and usage of the words to, too and two (as just one example) is beyond belief! I tried to ignore it, but there are mistakes on just about every other page - and that is not a great exaggeration.
I am not sure of this point, but meeting a group of people going on a pilgrimage to Lourdes 742 years before it became an official site of pilgrimage also seem a little anachronistic! (but I could be wrong here because of the conversion of Mirat [Lorus] in the 8th Century.)
As I said, a real pity because the story is OK
on 6 February 2014
I liked the premise of this book, and despite the other reviews I gave it a go.
Spelling, typos and errors make this a frustrating read, it was tough having to re-read sentences frequently and trying to puzzle what was actually meant; a missing "not" can totally change the readers understanding of intent.
There are times in the story where you feel that there is order in the chaos, there are others where you feel that emphasis is given to subjects to pad the book where it should have been used to expand on what could have been a strong story line or sub-plot.
Like others I fund some of the plot unrealistic, a little too India Jones in terms of how easy it is to become a great soldier or discover long lost secrets.
That said, I would probably read the next instalment, if only to find out what happens next.
on 15 May 2013
I've never read a book with so many spelling errors and words used in the wrong context eg. reign, rein and rain / bear and bare. You could be forgiven for thinking it was written by a child.
on 28 May 2013
the plot was not too bad. however i was constantly distracted by the lack of spelling and poor grammar felt myself correcting the author. this book has not been proof read!