Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

The Power Of Love
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£39.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 13 November 2012
Her voice is haunting, what a fantastic cover version of the original Frankie song. Blows me away every time I listen to Gabrielle's voice. I hope she soon brings out an album. Fantastic
on 20 May 2014
Gabrielle Aplin has a voice to hear with sweet ears with good taste. This new reworking of the classic track The Power Of Love, is like melting into chocolate with a soft gentle vocal warming to you. It is one of the best cover versions I have heard in years, compared to other well known artists trying to do cover versions and killing them dead (sorry Girl and Boy bands....NOT). Therefore this lass is one to keep an eye on for the future, as with Birdy, Christina Perri and Lissie three more up and coming song smiths.
on 22 February 2014
I love Gabrielle Aplin, I think her voice is just outstanding!!!!!
And I have got to say the power of love is amazing too!
I can't really tell you much more but I think you should get it, it's amazing!!!!!!! :-)
on 20 February 2013
a really good song, I would definitely recommend it. Listen on youtube if you are not sure about buying it.
on 9 March 2013
I didn't realise that this was the theme to the John Lewis Christmas campaign when I heard it on the radio. I fell in love with this version so searched the net and found it on Amazon. Gabrielle didn't have an album out at the time so I down loaded the single. I listen to it a lot.
on 16 February 2015
Love the original by FGTH & love this adaptation just as much for it's haunting melodic style. Gabrielle Alpin takes an established classic & breathes in new life to a song that will become "our song" for many new romantic playlists out there. Well done Gabrielle.
on 27 May 2013
Ms Aplin is almost certainly destined for great things. Her re-working of this classic track really is haunting. Often 'covers' run the risk of either detracting from the original, or being overly compared to the existing work. Not so here.

Recommended.
on 8 December 2012
What an amazing voice! I have heard so many versions of this song and never really liked it. Gabrielle has such a unique and beautiful voice, I just had to buy. I have since found other songs sung by her and they are just as refreshing! Amazing!
on 8 December 2012
Taken from the John Lewis 2012 advert. This song is a cover of the frankie goes to Hollywood classic. It is a beautiful record and is the perfect accompaniment to the advert. Very classy very haunting but just lovely.
on 16 May 2013
This song is brilliant, yes it sends chills down my spine but this is a young girl who has an amazing talent and she is showing it off which she has to be given credit for. I highly recommend this single.