on 7 February 2013
This is a very good read, however, it is just a continuation of his triathlon story. It is a bit darker as it touches areas of self-doubt and objectives re-assesed coupled with Ironholgs rendition of the highest and lowest of family life cycle.

This makes it a worth read but in a way it is just an extension and it starts to feel known territory. Still I recommend it and I read it within hours of getting the download to my beloved Kindle.

You have to read his first book but then you should read this one right after, no?
2 people found this helpful
on 28 July 2017
Any wannabe or existing Triathlete; this book is a must read. Andy is a guy many of us can relate to and he writes with such charm. Having met him at a Bike & Triathlon show it's fair to say he is an inspiration and an all round good guy.
on 29 January 2013
I read Andy's first book on honeymoon and it made me start to think about triathlons. I've booked Blenheim this year as my first one :)

The second book is equally enjoyable. I'd say it's more about the ups and downs of being a triathlete, whereas the first one is about him going from a normal guy to an Ironman. Second one is proving very enjoyable and if you're at a similar stage of life (marriage, kids, work whilst doing a sport) you'll love the book even if you don't swim, bike or run.

Very much recommended reading and Andy's also worth a follow on twitter - @ironholgs
One person found this helpful
on 7 September 2017
Egotistical. Not a patch on his first book. I found this somewhat boring.
on 17 November 2014
Not as good a book as the first one. I found there was a lot of talk about writing the previous book from the travails of writing to the publisher going bust to getting a new publisher....it went on about it a bit too much. I didn't buy the book to get a book about writing another book....

I'd highly recommend the first book but this one just left me feeling like he'd tried too hard to read it with flowery language that didn't really suit a notherner.

The guy is obviouisly great at what he does and it is an interesting read, but not a scratch on the first book.
on 18 January 2015
Fantastic book that I loved reading. Not usually a fan of sports books that aren't well known but Andy Holgate totally is a sports star now! Very easy to read and had to force myself to put it down and go to sleep.
on 27 March 2013
As someone who attempts to do triathlon myself I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The trials and tribulations that Andy suffers in the name of triathlon are a true inspiration to anyone who has ever considered taking up the sport (or any type of exercise). Every time I don't fancy going out to do a training session I think of the difficulties that Andy has overcome and that soon gets me in the right mood to train. Can't wait for the next instalment.
on 18 January 2013
More trials and tribulations from Andy written in the same easy going style of his first book. You just can't help but be inspired by this bloke, who combines a busy career & family life with the commitment of training for one of the toughest events going. I'd thoroughly recommend it even if you're not 'into' triathlon.

Only one problem: I'd planned to read it during an 8 hour train journey next week, but I'm half way through already... Thanks for another smashing book Andy, hope there's another one in you!
on 31 July 2013
Good lighthearted read but not quite as good as the first book.
At times i felt like the writer tried a little too hard to be querky but it is motivational as if he can do it...
on 28 January 2013
A stunning follow up.

They say that everyone has a book in them, well obviously the Ironholgs has (at least) two!

Nicely continuing the journey - inspiring to any new or aspiring triathlete.

If he publishes another I think my wife may ban me from reading them.

And Ely 1/2 iron? Still makes me wince to think about it!!

Looking forwards to the next one already.