Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Damocles
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.00

on 21 July 2013
I haven't read much science fiction but I would recommend this book to sci-fi novices...it tells the story so well of 2 cultures learning to understand each other and realise how similar they are. I very quickly got into this story and found myself imagining what Rider looked like.
on 1 January 2015
Fanastic, I do not normally read this type of book but found it really hard to put down once I had started it, it made my mind wonder what would happen here if it was the other way round, (do not want to give plot away).
Well thought out well put together a worthwhile read.
on 17 January 2015
A very engrossing book with a great story. The "first contact" theme was well thought out and explained, with many thought provoking aspects. Although I thought the ending seemed unnecessarily rushed, the book still merits a 5 star rating. Plenty of room for a sequel !
on 20 January 2015
An interesting and thought provoking tale.This story has been a pleasure to read and I found my imagination was stimulated by the expressive language used and the descriptions of an alien world,with the Dideto strangely attractive.I would recommend it to all sci fi fans.
on 17 March 2014
I loved this book. The Sci Fi facts were easy to follow (not too many exotic alien words to throw me off the storyline) and the human/ alien interactions very subtle but lovely. I immediately ordered another book by the same author and wasn't disappointed there either.
on 7 January 2015
Great book which goes to great lengths in drawing you in to itself. The descriptions are brilliantly done and a whole alien world opens up. It left me wanting to know more about this alien race and where the crew would end up next. I hope there is to be a sequel.
on 1 July 2013
Entertaining old fashioned Sci Fi novel. Clever writing allows the experience of a first encounter of an alien species to be observed from both sides. Felt the ending was hurried and would have liked more insight into Didet as a functioning world.
on 12 June 2013
I borrowed this from the amazon library and have read this every day for my daily commute since getting it, it is quite ponderous and of another world although I do feel the ending was rushed as it still leaves you with a few questions unanswered
on 26 June 2013
A thoroughly enjoyable 'fire contact' book. Little in terms of outright action which only adds to the story telling. High- lighting the difficulty that two like alien races trying to communicate without the indigenous destroying the visitors.
on 7 September 2013
At last a good old fashion Sc-Fi which has a great story line. Which looks at the future problems that mankind may face in the future when they finally meet other civiliztions. This is on par with the great`s, Arthur C Clark and Asimov.