Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 6 February 2014
I thought I'd give these a go rather than fork out double/treble the price for some Skins. Can definitely recommend them. Have kept me really warm on cold training runs and provide a nice compression fit without being too restrictive. I agree with some other posts that the leggings are far too long. I'm 6'3', bought a large and they would easily fit someone 6'5'. However, although the bottoms are a bit scrunched up, I personally don't find this a problem.

My only gripe is the constriction around my gentleman's area. Now, I'm not suggesting I am some latter-day Dirk Digler but for the first couple of training runs I experienced significant discomfort to my old chap leading to regular manual re-organisation. Much to the alarm and disgust of some respectable young ladies taking an evening stroll. However, I can report that after a couple of washes and some stretching of the fabric they are now a more supportive fit and I am no longer in fear that the next couple of months of marathon training are going to seriously impact on my ability to father children.
22 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2014
Sub Sports have come along way since i last tired thier stuff years ago.
These tights are very nice and provide excellent warmth.
Sizing:
The sizing is odd. I fit a Small in Skins and In these i needed a Youth XL. As these tights are long! Plus you can pull up the waist way past your belly button.
The waistband is soft and warm, the ankle cuffs are tight and require some effort to pull over your feet. To to fair their isn't much stretch in these compared to the premium brands.
They do have a compressive fit but are a little more restrictive compared to Skins and 2XU.
The design and cut are very simple yet comfortable. The male front panel is designed to support your man area. They are a little squashed but not overly. They do cup you well but also press them up against you. Not the worst and not the best.
Wearing these as underwear for many hours isn't too bad. Wearing these as outerwear, you need to be confident about your body as they are form fitting in all areas.

As for their thermal properties:
Ive ran in cold windy British weather wearing just these, a Skins S400 top, gloves and a simple tech tshirt. I couldn't feel the cold or wind on my legs. Top marks for thermal properties.

In conclusion:
Considering the price these are pretty good tights. Beware of the long leg length and those of you with massive quads or calves may need to try a few sizes to get the right fit. Good thern
on 22 October 2013
Excellent pair of leggings, excellent in cold but even in warm weather I dont over heat in them. I wear them for running out doors, weights in th gym, and for grappling. I'm 5'11", 83kg, and 33" waist, I puchased the medium which are a snug but good fit. Tall/people with big thighs should probably get large. Will definitely buy another pair soon.
on 3 February 2017
First time User Review - Holy Running Tights Batman!!! These do everything they are meant to do and more. Wore them on a run first time today. I've never worn running tights before. I have always given into the cold weather and went to the gym. I've never been so wrong. These tights kept me very warm. I also purchased the Sub Sports top to run in also. Wore a hoodie on my run today and it was not needed at all. I was sweating way more than I wanted to. The compression was a little snug at first due to no being used to running in tights. It may be a little cold at first when you start your workout. Once your body gets warmed up, which doesn't take long, is when these babies kick in. You feel like you could run for days. The compression you will get used to the more you run. It's almost like you aren't even wearing them at all. The fabric really does breathe as you're running and adjusts to the climate. This is a wonderful product, and I will be purchasing another set again. Well done Sub Sports!!!
on 9 May 2016
My son is 9stone 7 pounds and 5foot 10inches - that is extremely skinny! In order to get these on the first time, he actually broke some of the stitching so I couldn't send them back. To say they are skin tight is not exaggerating. Also too warm to wear with a thermal top as well.
on 14 June 2011
I bought this tights about a month ago and have used it 4 times to play football/soccar.
It fits amazing. does not matter if you are short or tall, 70 or 80 kilos, these tights just sticks to you.
I have tried another tight but i was nothig near as good as this one.
It is about 20-25 degrees celcius in denmark now, and the thights does not make me hotter, it actually feels cooler.
I will be using it in the summer and winter. and when it gets old, i will buy the same again.
if you look at the picture and think "its never going to fit that good on me", well YES IT WILL!
hope this review helped, its my first.
on 2 November 2016
I purchased these Sub Sports compression leggings as I have a pair of their compression shorts that I find very comfortable. Unfortunately, however, the first time I put them on the seam of one leg split. Neither leg was so snug that I'd have expected it to tear. Medium was a good fit for me in my Sub Sports compression shorts so I thought these would be similar.
I appear to have been unlucky and received a pair with a defective seam.
review image
on 1 December 2016
I got these because of the lack of compression tights for women. Followed the size guidelines and got size L. I am usually a size 42, and have muscular legs. They fit great, feel great, and do the compression job brilliantly (around the legs). I also use them as undergear when it's cold outside.
on 13 January 2013
First of all the good points - they're warm and comfortable, and I was pleasantly surprised that they were long enough for someone who's 6.7". The reason for the one star? I put them on for the first time today and they tore next to the seam on the thigh. I'm aware they're meant to be tight, but they're not as tight as any of the various pairs of Skins I've worn over the years, and I've never torn them despite some pretty rough treatment and hundreds of washes. A shame, really, as I think the SUB tops are excellent, but I won't be buying the bottoms again despite the competitive price.
on 20 November 2013
I was after another pair of compression tights for when my 2XU ones were in the wash. Thought I would give these ago as they were about a third of the price of the 2XU.

They are lovely and warm and look really good too. My only complaints are that they are slightly too long (I'm 6ft exactly and bought the medium just needed 2 inches off the legs) and that they are slightly loose behind my knees and around the hips but not too bad. The 2XU fit perfectly but at three times the price I think these are a better bet from now on.