Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 March 2015
A number of years ago I bought 'Sweet and Wild' an album by Jewel Kilcher (although she does not use her surname very often.) It is strange how your music taste changes as you grow older. In my teen and twenties I did not particularly like Country Music mainly because it usually dealt with people jumping off bridges etc, certainly the words of the songs were usually depressing. However Country Music has in many cases become Country/Rock, Lady Antibellum are a good example. For reasons unknown I played 'Sweet and Wild' and rediscovered Jewel. Also I looked up a lot of her life story. She grew up in Alaska on a ranch without electricity and piped water, there is a enough material for books and a feature film. These may be available I shall be searching. Well I think it time to talk about her music. When I discovered there was a Greatest Hits I could not resist buying it from Amazon and I am not disappointed. Jewel earned her fame the hard way and there is a video on You Tube of her singing a duet with Beyonce, also a number of other songs plus some interesting interesting interviews. At a point in her career she was selling 2,000 albums a year. This increased to 500,000 a month and her career kept growing. It is not hard to see why when you listen to her music because in my opinion it is superb.
on 21 August 2013
I have loved This artist,s music for some time and nice to have all her hits on 1 cd and a few newer tracks to. Top marks for the speed of delivery also.
on 5 February 2013
Just listening to my 'Jewel - Greatest Hits' cd which arrived today. In an odd way it's probably better that Jewel doesn't get the worldwide acclaim she undoubtedly deserves. This greatest hits collections really brings home how great a singer-songwriter she is. I struggle to think of many better ones in the last 20 years. Even going further back in time I think she is up there with Carole King, Cat Stevens and Van Morrison.
One miniscule niggle with the CD - It doesn't include the song 'Pieces of you' which is one of my favourites but that apart this collection is sublime. Can't wait for her to visit the UK again. Might be a long wait though !
on 16 August 2013
Especially the new bonus tracks have been recorded in high quality, those with good audio systems will appreciate the quality of this recording.
on 18 February 2013
Love it! Another great albulm from Jewel, with old favourites,new recordings and new tracks. I adore it, its my new favourite Jewel album.
on 6 May 2016