on 8 September 2017
Amazing group who I have seen live in past , this is one of thier best dvds, covers all the classic tracks as well. Awesome location aswell for a concert.
on 19 July 2015
This has to be the best DVD EVER! An extremely rare chance to see and hear clannad at their best in Dublin cathedral. Amazing performances from both Clannad and Anuna. Buy this and see what you're missing. I am certainly glad I did.
on 27 May 2017
This DVD was Brilliant. A piece of music History.
on 10 December 2013
I have just finished watching this DVD for the first time and experienced 93 minutes of continuous goosebumps. The sheer excellence of this concert... words fail to adequately describe the quality of this performance and the beauty of these songs. Yes, I know it sounds as if I'm getting a bit carried away but rarely have I seen a concert DVD as overwhelmingly good as this. I recommend... Highly!
on 4 May 2013
As a long time fan of Clannad, I was waiting for this DVD (and companion CD) to be released and I pre-ordered both of them. Both the album and the DVD are very good and the group is on top form. Máire (Moya) Brennan's voice is still wonderful and they picked up a sort of "best of" repertoire that could not fail. The setting in Christ Church Cathedral in Dublin is fantastic and the quality of the audio is very good. Any Clannad fan will be delighted to be able to listen once again to all these wonderful songs, many of which are in Gaelic. Recorded on January 29th, 2011 -- over two years ago! -- this set sees the band five member accompained by some guest musicians: Máire Breathnach on violin and viola, Sinead Madden on violin, Jane Hughes on cello, Eamonn DeBarra on keyboards, Robbie Harris on percussions and of course Brian Kennedy for the vocal duet in "In a Lifetime". Plus we have the vocal group Anuna in five songs. The DVD is good, too, and it has two more songs than the CD list, one of which is one of my favourite songs of Clannad, taken from their second LP Clannad 2, "Coinleach Glas An Fhómhair". I strongly recommend this set to all Clannad fans and to everyone not familiar with the group and who want to have a proper introduction to the band.
on 28 May 2013
Really enjoyed this thank you, You might have been around a while but you still sound great and as true musicians you sound fantastic live.
on 29 December 2014
Although I do not understand any Irish Gaelic this concert was simply superb. The acoustics of the cathedral were perfect for carrying the set chosen, and the inclusions of extra musicians and the choir gave the performance added atmosphere. I chose to watch this as my Christmas weekend concert, along with a couple of nice single malt whiskies, and am so glad that I did, being in a place of worship and the atmosphere of the show, it did have a really peaceful and uplifting feel to the concert. Well worth watching, again and again.
on 2 July 2014
The set chosen by Clannad includes all their classics from their early days to recent work (but pre their latest album, Vellum). The atmospheric setting of Christ Church Cathedral adds to the specialness. I keep playing this and it still hasn't lost any of its charm. Musical excellence from the band, and lead singer Moya is on superb form. Well worth the purchase price.
on 2 August 2013
An excellent dvd, covering a wide range of Clannad's unique and wonderful music, both traditional & contemporary, complemented by the beautiful lighting & setting of the cathedral. A real must have dvd for any Clannad fan, or a perfect introduction for anyone new to this amazing band.
on 7 September 2016
Excellent DVD featuring many of their most popular pieces in a beautiful and atmospheric setting. Great too that the set included Brian Kennedy guesting on " in a lifetime" Great stuff. So sad though that my receipt of it coincided with the passing of Padraig Duggan.