Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 11 November 2013
The Pifco steam mop was a waste of money. It took about 20 mins to come up to temperature. The directions say that the indicator light turns from red to green when ready. There is no red light it is green as soon as you plug it in. It did not remove dried stains like tea and coffee from the floor. A damp cloth wrapped around the head of a sweeping brush cleans better.
on 24 December 2012
The steam works great at getting my floors clean. It's a lot less messing around than mopping them with bleach, and the attachments like the steam jet help with cleaning other things as well.

But the construction of this thing feels too flimsy for me to fully recommend it. I could hear ominous noises from the handle and feel it flexing when I'm using the mop. You have to support it near its bottom as well as with the handle to feel sure that it's not going to break something. The power cable keeps coming out of its channel, and the overall construction just doesn't feel as good as it could have been.

Also, the water reservoir is rather small. I don't have a lot of uncarpeted flooring to work on so it's not a big problem for me, but someone with extensive areas they need to clean might find it problematic.

Fortunately I bought mine from a supermarket for far less than the advertised price here. At £30 which is what I paid I could recommend it with some reservation. At the list price here I don't think I could.
66 Comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 November 2013
The steam mop is ok but I have problems with the moppine cloth to stay in place uesed today and had to intall again for times to wash my hall floor
on 18 January 2014
Mop light is green as soon as plugged in. Does not go from red to green as it should. Think it takes rather longer than 30 sec to heat up. Probably not a good purchase.
11 Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 December 2016