Customer reviews

on 6 December 2016
Very strong case, reason for marking down is that the protection inner is a little too protective. It is very tight to get the microscope in and out that I am worried about damaging the eyepiece
on 11 August 2017
Super case. The microscope had already arrived, and it fits beautifully.
on 13 September 2017
Great sturdy case, but needs other compartments for more slides etc...
on 28 June 2017
ideal box
on 3 March 2017
Good quality case. A must for the apex microscope.
on 2 March 2014
I bought the microscope for my son but as he's still in school and has a thirst for knowledge, he needed a safe way of transporting the Apex Practitioner. The case is a perfect fit providing the protection you'd expect for such a delicate instrument, Recommended!
on 24 January 2013
I bought Apex Practitioner Case to house my Apex Practitioner Microscope as the polystyrene box it was delivered in was starting to fall apart. What can I say? The case is great. The construction is solid and the inner compartment holds the microscope, extra eyepiece and one or two other accessories very snugly. There's even a shoulder strap.

I would say that the photo is a bit mis-leading. The configuration of the foam cut-out has changed to accommodate the power lead and wall plug. Much better than the arrangent shown. A very good buy. 5 out of 5.
on 27 September 2013
If one invests good money on a good microscope it makes sense to me to protect your investment with a decent carry case. Though mine was shaped specifically for my microscope (a different model to the practitioner) I found I did need to make a few minor adjustments to the foam with a long craft knife, but then all was well.

Also, as I found it difficult to set the 'scope into the case snugly due to the mains lead getting in the way as another reviewer has stated, I simply purchased a male/female mains connector, cut the cable where it leaves the 'scope leaving about 7 inches of lead. This is where I fitted the connector. Now, when it comes to packing my 'scope away I just unplug the mains lead from the wall, split the connector and pack that along with the plug first followed by the 'scope. A very simple task for the home DIYer at the cost of about £1:80p and now my 'scope packs away perfectly. A very good protective case.
on 16 January 2015
Suddenly I was into microscopes. Suddenly on 7th Jan 2015, I opted for the Apex Practitioner Microscope supplied by Apex Microscopes together with an Apex Minigrab. Suddenly I dropped a clanger! I ordered an aluminium case from Apex Microscopes to enclose and carry my Apex PRACTITIONER Microscope. It arrived and my heart sank - I had ordered a case for a different microscope. Thing is - I am 80 years old next month and I simply cannot comprehend how I got so old so soon! Got onto the Amazon page again and followed the clear instructions about 'RETURNS' etc - wheeled the return parcel to the Post Office in my buggy and everything went smoothly. However, the big surprise happened the following day - today in fact - when the correct case arrived and everything fitted snugly in it making me a very happy bunny. Thanks to Apex. Smooth operator! Well done!
on 16 February 2014
Well thought out, well made and within airline carry-on-bag size limits. Much better than risking a microscope to the vagaries of airport luggage handlers. You could make a foam insert for a less costly 'standard' case one for about half the price... but it would take many hours and probably not be as neat. If only the mains lead had a better storage facility this would be a five-star product.