on 9 March 2015
This bluetooth speaker is great! The sound is amazing for a speaker that small and it can be quite loud at max volume. It's quite heavy so it feels sturdy and won't move from where you put it.

The battery life is really good too. I've had it for ~3 months now and I had to charge it once even though I use it almost everyday for ~20 minutes.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 star is that there's quite a bit of static noise at low volumes. It was quite bad with my Galaxy S3, but even with a more recent phone (HTC one M8), there's still some static. Once you turn the volume up it's better but it might be more annoying if you listen to quieter music.

All around, it's great and for the price, I can't ask for a lot more.
on 12 May 2015
Very high audio quality, especially for such a small system. The internal battery and USB charging makes it cheap to operate, at the expense of having to remember to charge it. Great bass response, as well.

For best results, sit it high up on a flat, solid surface, upright on the rubber feet. In a pinch, can be set up tipped onto it's back and against a wall for good sound. The sound projects out and down, for the most part.

Not tested the bluetooth connectivity yet, so can't pass judgement on that.
on 29 April 2016
This is actually the 2nd review I've wrote with regards to this speaker. I was previously sent a replacement due to very muffled sound after about 7 months of us. Well, now the replacement speaker will NOT CHARGE at all no matter what wire or plug combination I use. I really expect more of a year's use out of anything I buy. I treat my things really well also.
Superb battery. The sound is great for the price and the feel of the speaker is fantastic. Just a shame it keeps breaking otherwise it would be bargain of the century for the money.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2017
I own both this wireless speaker and the newer Hive Evolution. I would not compare them as they are different generations and the Evolution wipes the floor with both volume, quality and a deeper bass.

However the Hive2 is a solid product, a great speaker in it's own right and definitely for the price worth buying. When in "slave mode" via an Aux Cable from the other Hive it's volume is not too great and it does not add too much in combination.
on 9 January 2015
For the Price you really cannot fault this product. Bought as a present for Christmas i was worried that at the price,the quality wouldn't be very good but I have been pleasantly surprised as it easily outperforms others at its price range. Its portability is another very useful feature, it being wireless & bluetooth means you can take it almost anywhere

Would recommend.
on 3 August 2014
I bought this because the old stereo in my car is linked to the car's on board cpu and cannot be easily replaced, nor does it have an aux input or bluetooth.

The KitSound Hive makes for really easy streaming from your phone/tablet and it's surprisingly loud.
In a normal house room - it's very loud. In the car with road noise around I find I generally need it turned up almost to the max.
Overall the sound quality is very good.

The charge last's well - and it re-charges from a standard micro usb input
on 3 December 2016
Awesome bit of kit...
My car stereo broke due to loom problems so was stuck driving a car with no music, so decided to invest in the hive 2 so i could Bluetooth music from my phone. It works brilliantly, it just sits on my dashboard pumping out music, and when im parked up I just slip it into my pocket and away we go. An excellent speaker for under £50. Looks good,sounds good. Has some weight to it too so you know it has excellent build quality. 5 big stars.
on 22 June 2017
The speaker itself is a great little speaker for the price. The problem is charging it-the adapter doesn't fit properly in the micro USB slot, it seems loose and I thought it was just mine but looking at some other reviews, it seems to be a common problem. I can usually only get it to charge by jamming it up against a wall and putting something heavy against the speaker but it's recently stopped charging altogether. It's a really unfortunate flaw because the speaker itself is great but actually the charging problem is so damn frustrating that I would avoid buying it.
on 2 January 2017
Excellent sound quality. Last ages before needing another charge. Good for caravans and bedrooms and can be carried around. Excellent for domestic use but not parties. Liked very much
on 9 December 2014
Although we have a DAB radio in the kitchen it does not have any way of playing from other sources. So we decided to get a bluetooth speaker. I'm glad we chose this one. The sound coming out of this device belies its diminutive size. It's easy to pair with devices and pushes out a remarkable clear, bassy and wide sound. The battery life is good too.