Hitman HD Trilogy (PS3)
Platform: PlayStation3|Change

on 2 February 2013
Having played the new Absolution game, i have been spoilt. This is a step into the stone age for me but for the purest it will be fine i'm sure. Now retired, and Absolution being my first Hitman game, the jerky movement of the gun on this Trilogy game means i'm dead before i can aim. The buttons do different things which doesn't help either. Plus the graphics are poor alongside Absolution. I hope the Absolution makers bring out a new Hitman game soon, i can't wait to buy it, i'm hooked.
1313 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 February 2018
Ok so I've played contracts and blood money (and the original hitman 2) and think the only difference is the graphics(not sure about cheats) so if you've played the originals you know the score.

They're a great set of games at a great price. Only played through hitman 2 and blood money fully, but definitely prefer blood money. I've reviewed both previously, but basically hitman 2 is pretty good, but I think there's quite a few missions that have a condition, such as only kill this person or where sniping is near mandatory. There is still a good few truly open ended issions, but I feel blood money achieves this better, and subsequently I find blood money a much easier game, which may or may not be a good thing depending on your preference.

So with that this trilogy is great in that the games despite being a series are quite distinctive from each other(though not fully sure about contracts obvbviously). Blood money feels easier, you can't save melee weapons to your inventory, get less guns but your primary weapons, your shotgun, sniper, silver ballers and tactical smg are upgradable. Where as I feel hitman 2 is harder, you can store melee weapons(and can actually use them an in blood money melee weapons result in blood which gives you away) and weapons aren't upgradable, but you get more weapons such as the m60 and ak rifle.

So overall a great trilogy with great variations between the games whilst keeping their core features that have aged very well.
on 16 December 2014
Hitman is one of those series where you either get it or you don't, some people like stealthing through missions without any bodies found or alarms activated, and others just take the madman route killing everyone. You get a lot more satisfaction after a perfect mission though. I'll start from the beginning of the series which isn't in this boxset. The original, Hitman Codename 47 was where it all started and was a basis for some of the levels from Hitman Contracts to be remade from. It was a hard, clunky game with difficult controls and a huge lack of direction in terms of where you had to go, making some missions extremely difficult. I struggled a lot with the controls too. It was however one of the first games in that stealth/assassin genre in 3rd person where you could hide in plain sight after killing a target, then just walk straight back into the action dressed as them.

The sequel, Silent Assassin, changed the template drastically, it had essentially a completely new interface, easy controls for console, and was extremely fun to play. This was the best hide in plain sight stealth game I'd played, the level design was mostly good, always unique, and had so much potential for multiple playthroughs. It also had the best soundtrack in my opinion, was a joy to play. The sequel/prequel, Contracts, was hit and miss for me. It did have some excellent levels, like beldingford manor and traditions of the trade, a remake of a level from the first game, but not enough had changed from 2 years earlier, apart from a few new animations. Again special mention to the outstanding soundtrack by jesper kyd. Some loved it, but it wasn't a big enough step up for me. Blood Money came out again 2 years after the previous game, and it brought a lot of change, but also simplified things a lot, you could just run past the AI then they'd lose you and go back to normal, not on high alert. The accident system also made things even easier to get silent assassin on every mission provided you knew what to do. I found it disappointing again, there was a lot of change but they had simplified too many mechanics to make it easier for casual players, it put series fans like me off. The level design was very good though, but the soundtrack was a little too hollywood for my taste.

5 stars probably seems a lot then considering I complained about 2/3 of the games, but the simple fact is the satisfaction of beating a level perfectly made it all worthwhile, I loved playing them after school during secondary school and I wish I could forget everything about the series in order to play it all over again.
on 2 February 2013
Okay, first a confession. When my brother first introduced me to Hitman: Blood Money on his Xbox 360 over five years ago, I didn't get it. I played a few levels, and in each one I would blow everyone away, not hide any bodies or put any thought into how I could creatively dispose of my targets. Needless to say, I hated the game and gave up after a few levels. Soon afterwards, my brother asked me to play it again, but this time he told me to avoid killing anyone unless absolutely necessary and to try and make any deaths look accidental.
I reluctantly decided to give the game another go and within a few hours, I was having an absolute blast. Stealthily making your way through the level, finding your target, taking him or her out in whatever way you see fit and then leaving before anyone even knows you've been there is absolutely thrilling and when a hit goes absolutely perfectly, the feeling of accomplishment is immense. The main thing that makes the Hitman series so enjoyable, is the freedom your given in each game. You can take out your targets in several different ways. You can snipe your target from a buiding, or you can sneak into his house and place a bomb in his chair. You can hide on top of an elevator and strangle your target when he enters, or you can place a bomb in the elevator and watch the fun unfold. Do you poison a wedding cake, or do you place a bomb in it? (I like blowing things up okay?)
All three games in the collection are fun but I STRONGLY recommend starting with Hitman 2 and working your way up to Blood Money. Hitman Blood Money fixed a lot of problems that were present in earlier titles. I found it incredibly difficult to get into Hitman 2 the first time I played it. (I played it on my Ps2 shortly after completing Blood Money on 360.) It is an incredibly difficult game. People easily see through your disguises, the controls are very fiddly and guards will frequently open fire on you for doing such heinous acts as running or opening certain doors. But once you get into it, it's still a very enjoyable game and has some fantastic levels. I should also say that I found the first level one of the most difficult in the entire game, so if your thinking of giving up because you find the game too hard, it does get a bit easier later.
Hitman: Contracts is a very good game as well and is arguably a better game than 2. It's definitely an easier game to complete anyway. Certain levels in this game are some of my favourite levels in the entire series, such as a mission set around a mansion late at night. The only problem I really had with contracts was that I found it to be very short and it ended quite abruptly. But since your essentially getting three games in one here, it's not a big of a problem this time around.
Finally we have Hitman Blood Money which is a lot of people's favourite of the series and it's not hard to see why. Nearly every mission in the game is an absolute gem. Many aspects of the previous games were also improved. Disguises work a lot better here and unless your acting very foolishly, you can walk around in any disguise relatively care free. Overall this collection is great value and a lot of fun. I can't say for sure whether everyone will enjoy it though. Unfortunately, it seems Absolution was many people's first Hitman game, which is a bit of a shame. Such people will probably find it very difficult to go back and play such old titles now. While I do believe Absolution is a great little game, it didn't offer close to the amount of freedom you were given in the previous games. That's why I encourage everyone to give this collection a go. Whether your a long time fan or just recently discovered the series, there's something for everyone here. Some may just have to look harder than others to find it.
33 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 March 2014
This is a collecting of the best games in the hitman series. For me Hitman Absolution was a let down and did not stand up to its predecessors for various reasons. If you have played absolution and liked it get this, if you played absolution and did not like it try this before condemning the series.

HD Graphics.
Great gameplay that puts you on the edge of your seat.
75 hits throughout more than 58 levels.
Includes the stand-alone Hitman sniper challenge.
No bugs or glitches, runs smoothly on all current consoles.
You get 3 games for about £12 (bargain).

Graphics are showing there age, but like ok.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 11 April 2017
Huge Fan of the Hitman series and to have 3 games on one disc is amazing, fantastic story on all 3 games great quality graphics and controls are easy to use it is really worth it not just for Himan Fans but all gamers in general. Product arrived on time and in fantastic condition
on 5 December 2017
Great product as expected . very pleased with the delivery and product.
on 6 December 2017
Quick delivery! Nice game!
on 28 January 2016