Customer reviews

on 8 March 2016
These are great, and the range is "close" to advertised, We used there for in car comms whilst on our trek across Skye, And also used them between 2 teams whilst out hiking around Skye too, They performed very well.
on 4 April 2013
The Motorola T80 Extreme lives up to it's name. I needed a robust walkie-talkie for use outdoors in all weathers. I was not disappointed. Easy to use straight out of the box. I didn't test the claimed range of 10km but they worked well over fairly flat countryside for at least 2-3 miles and also in-building if required. Seem to be built in a rugged heavy grade plastic with rubber corners to shrug off being dropped. They are finished in a bright yellow colour so can be easily found if dropped in snow/long grass. Claimed to be water resistant but not guaranteed if submerged. The battery housing has a rubber gasket to seal it. I don't think they will float if dropped in water (didn't test this) but come supplied with lanyards to keep them safe. Also supplied in the case are headsets. I did try these indoors to test them (and they work) but seem a bit fiddly to use outdoors as you still need to use the PTT button on the handset. Comes supplied with base unit/charger that can charge a 2nd battery set via adapter. Battery life seems to last forever as we used them for 3 days and the battery indicator still shows full. The user manual says a car charger is available but not supplied in kit. The whole kit can be stored in the padded carry case supplied.

Negative comment? These units are expensive compared to others available but look the business and should last for years, highly recommended.

Overall marking of 5 stars.
11 Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2017
great i replaced my cb radios for these much better good range good charging dock well made very good quality. nice carry case. would definitely recommend.
on 7 July 2017
Great quality and really good sound. Better than all other similar devices I have purchased.
on 17 May 2017
Bought for when my husband goes sailing. Not a problem with reception. Would recommend.
on 22 July 2017
These were really nice quality and look the part although on this occasion failed to meet our needs so they were returned. I could think of lots of interesting uses for them....but my wife couldn't!
on 21 August 2015
Cracking price of kit for the money and good customer service from seller. From my brief use so far it has plenty of useful features that you simply don't get on the less serious units. Motorola living up to their good reputation as ever. Nice product.
on 4 July 2017
new set needed as we lost one on the mountain but fantastic piece of kit works well and very clear sound, ill be getting a new set soon
on 13 May 2017
Good radios good range and easy to operate
on 8 March 2017
Fantastic range, work wonderfully.