on 15 July 2014
Again, as with series 1, I was overcome by the sheer style of "Suits" in plot, script, acting, tempo and appearance.

At its best it is tremendous. I think that it is certainly at its best in series 2 up to the half-way mark, maybe slightly beyond (say about episode 10), but from then on it seems increasingly short-breathed with too many over-intense mini-climaxes.

Also, the formula is becoming a bit more obvious, in the way in which Mike's brilliance in the context of the law is counterbalanced by his regular and repeated poor choices in other areas of his life. I found I was just waiting for the next screw-up of his life outside the office, and sure enough it came. Even the most unimpeachable and perceptive characters are seen to be capable of a poor judgment-call, on occasion, though, which is refreshingly true-to-life, and the development of a character like Rachel, who grows in depth and stature, is an amusing contrast to those like Mike and Louis who seem (outside the field of law) to be very slow learners!

There is so much that is excellent, that, even with definite reservations about the second half of the series, I can still give it 4 stars. First class entertainment, even if (see above) there is some lack of substance.
on 20 April 2015
This is even better than the first year, picking up the pieces from Season Ones cliffhanger ending and racing forward from there in the same blur of drama and gags that works so well.

Whilst our boys still deal with various individual cases such as sports contracts, fraud, libel, hit and runs etc etc, there's more long running storylines and cases this year which makes it a more cohesive whole. Early in proceedings we're introduced to the Hardman in Pearson and Hardman for the first time and that's your major season long story arch right there as a power play for the firm begins and everybody has to choose a side.

There are some added layers to the various characters, especially Harvey and Mike of course, but also for the likes of Donna (still awesome) who has a very welcome expanded role this time out. Even more complex romantic entanglements feature heavily for everybody - even Louis gets in on the act (yep even Louis). A fair bit of personal tragedy is thrown into the mix as well as the show still displays that expert blend of veering from hilarious to serious and back again in a heartbeat.

When things look to be slowing ever so slightly in the latter stages, the always great Wendell Pierce rocks up in a particularly brilliant episode which in turn leads into this seasons endgame and many fun threads for Season Three. Fantastic stuff.
on 23 March 2014
After watching all the episodes of Suits from the beginning I just had to add the DVD versions to my Library. I bought seasons1 & 2 and later on I'll be purchasing season 3. To watch the programme without advertising interference is great. The two main characters, Harvey and Mike are so slick and Donna and Rachel are just drop dead gorgeous. Lewis' role is sometimes a bit unbelievable for a top law firm but he acts it well. My wife and I are absolutely delighted with what we have got so far and we are anxiously waiting for season 3. If you have followed Suits from the beginning or just watched now and then on TV, you really should get the DVD's.
on 18 April 2017
Still good, but in my view, Season one was much better, as this seemed inclined to becoming more like a soap opera, than concentrating on the solving of complex cases, of which One was great, still good but this is my opinion I failed to get through last couple of episodes.
on 19 October 2013
Well... Suits STILL haven't put in an option for subtitles?! (I mean come on... why?) But that's the only complaint I have about the DVD :)
I love the series and hope it continues, it's very well scripted, and in season two you get to see the relationships between the characters grow more. It's one of those shows where there's always something going on which will affect several characters, but you never know how it will until it all unfolds. And even when something bad happens you're waiting for our guys to make it work in their favour and turn the situation round again.
It's got great wit and brilliant acting and on top of all that you've got Gabriel Macht in a sexy suit!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 18 April 2014
I cannot wait for Season 3 as this is one of the best series I have watched for a long time.

Gabriel Macht is perfectly cast as Harvey Specter, the lawyer everyone wants to be as is Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson as the touch-as-nails boss.

Scene-stealer Rick Hoffman as Lewis Litt - with his huge teeth and very manoeuvrable face - plays the pantomime baddie to perfection.

I didn't want the series to end!
on 24 June 2014
Let me start off by saying that this TV show is absolutely awesome, it keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time. I purchased the third season first bearing in mind I saw the first two seasons on Netflix and I decided to buy the complete collection. When I received season 3 it was well package no bits broken off, season 1 also arrived nicely packaged and no bits broken off and then there's season 2 and lets say only one disc fits perfectly in the slot. I've known people who have used amazon to purchase 50+ items and about 5 are poorly packaged. It's just not right sometimes because you pay so much for an item only to find out that the packaging hasn't protected it one bit. This is only the first time it has happened but if it continues on a regular basis I'm going to have to stop purchasing stuff off Amazon.
on 6 July 2014
There's nothing that anyone can criticise about Suits. It's MadMen for the contemporary age and not a nostalgic look at the 60s. Nice as MM is it's good to see it brought up to date. Sharp suits, well written, excellently acted, and emotionally charged.

Watch out for Donna, she can read your mind before you've even thought it!
on 2 April 2018
Fantastic program. Beats all of the depressing soaps you get on teresstial tele
on 8 April 2018
I like Series 1 so much . I am now onto Series 2. brilliant series.