Customer reviews

Filthy Empire [Explicit]
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 24 March 2013
I saw Heaven's Basement support Seether at the Electric Ballroom in London. After about three songs into their set, I decided they were utterly fantastic. Great stage presence, great crowd participation, great musicians, great songs.

I had this album on pre order as soon as it was listed, then forgot about it until it popped through the letterbox one morning. At which point it went into my CD player and stayed there on a loop at 11.

For anyone who hasn't heard their music, think somewhere in the region of Guns 'n' Roses / The Darkness and you're close. The album itself is well produced, and more importantly not over-produced. It sounds great, whilst not sounding like it's been messed about with in post production.

I wish this band every success, they deserve it. Signed to Red Bull Records they have a chance to make 'Made in Great Britain' mean something again. \m/
2 people found this helpful
on 27 February 2014
After hearing some of this album on Planet Rock I placed an order at once. A really great rock album. Nothing too fancy just blinding songs played with energy and verve. Not a bad song on there and a few future classics too. Loved it, just don't play it in front of the kids as some of the language is a bit ripe. Top notch.
on 29 May 2013
I have listened to and supported Heaven's Basement since 2005 with my Mum, Step Dad and brother (Lou, Paul and Alex). We have been there through their ups and downs and changes. I do miss Jonny Rocker massively and his connection with Rob Randell on stage and when performing, then there is Richie's voice too, which I miss. But I love Chris Rivers and his brilliant drumming and Sid Glover, well that's Sid! Aaron's voice is brilliant and can make it soft or hard depending on the song! Love hearing some of the old tunes on the album, I am so pleased that the hard work and their dream has been realised as they are an amazing band, very powerful and strong. I look forward to seeing them on tour this Summer! xx Ellie Tighe xx
on 18 February 2013
EVERY single song a potential hit- Aaron Buchanans vocals are amazing and all 4 of them, Sid Glover on guitar and backing vocals,Chris Rivers on drums and Rob Ellershaw on bass have written and performed a fantastic album. Saw them play at Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh last year while supporting Seether and they blew 'em off the stage. Hope they make it big, they deserve it.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 January 2016
Fantastic album. Fantastic vinyl presentation, love the artwork and the inner sleeves were even polylinned, rather than cardboard like most new vinyl, so I didn't have to replace them. Really thrilled over all, solid consistent album, great live act too! Highly recommend.
on 11 August 2017
Modern rock classic
VINE VOICEon 10 August 2013
This is an amazing album, really vibrant and exciting. I bought this album after hearing Fire, Fire and whilst this is probably the most well known track, it's not the best, they all are! Good for playing in the car.
on 9 December 2015
This album is amazing its a pity this band are not more famous.Every song is great that doesn't happen really with albums,fast paced all the way through.
on 9 March 2013
Great album, I heard two songs by these guys and bought the album, really glad I did there isn't a track I don't like, really recommend this kick ass album. Delivery was quite good too, arrived quite fast.
on 2 July 2016