Customer reviews

Price:£7.99

on 11 August 2017
Modern rock classic
on 20 July 2013
A brilliant debut album from a fantastic new band. Resonates of the Rock of the 80's with a very modern fee. If you get the chance, go see them live!
on 25 July 2014
This is the best band that I have heard in a long time!!!!!! (although I live in the US, the bonus dvd does work on a computer) They really are Exceptional! It's impossilbe to pick a favorite song!
on 19 February 2013
Saw these guys when they were supporting Halestorm last year so I thought I'd check out their album as they were quite good live (had some major technical issues that night which spoiled their performance a bit). I must admit it's one of the best debut albums I've heard in ages and the best out n out rock album since Halestorm's last one (yes I am a bit biased :p). It has shades of GNR, a lil early (pre-Dickinson) Iron Maiden and probably a dozen other bands but it's sooooooooo infectious. If anyone's disappointed after buying this then they should probably put their stereo on ebay cos they don't like music.
on 4 February 2013
Another awesome installment from the lads. As always offering an eclectic sound and a really head turner.
You'll wanna keep listening! Great for the car but beware of head banging :-)
on 18 June 2015
I bought a hard copy of Filthy Empire last year, and it blew my mind away, they are an amazing band and the music is kick ass. Bought another CD today by another band, which had autorip, and next thing I know my computer is auto ripping this CD too, which has five additional tracks which I didn't have on the hard copy. All of them live, all amazing and one Reign On My Parade, I had never heard before. It is hard, heavy and best played full volume.
on 24 March 2013
I saw Heaven's Basement support Seether at the Electric Ballroom in London. After about three songs into their set, I decided they were utterly fantastic. Great stage presence, great crowd participation, great musicians, great songs.

I had this album on pre order as soon as it was listed, then forgot about it until it popped through the letterbox one morning. At which point it went into my CD player and stayed there on a loop at 11.

For anyone who hasn't heard their music, think somewhere in the region of Guns 'n' Roses / The Darkness and you're close. The album itself is well produced, and more importantly not over-produced. It sounds great, whilst not sounding like it's been messed about with in post production.

I wish this band every success, they deserve it. Signed to Red Bull Records they have a chance to make 'Made in Great Britain' mean something again. \m/
on 10 June 2013
I very rarely buy anything based on my "past purchase history", but every time I log into Amazon I get it telling me I'd like this Album, usually I'd do some research but I thought sod it, lets just buy it!!

WOW!! I am not disappointed!

People often categorize albums as shower or grower, this album falls under the very rare category of both. I put this on my iPod (other media players are available)to do some decorating and the first listen had me pulled in within two tracks and the album flew by so enjoyably that I listened to it again!

2 weeks on and it just keeps getting better, its been the only listen on a week long business trip and its showing no signs of me getting bored with it, an absolutely superb "Rock" album!

My only complaint is that the room I painted is a right mess due to me rocking out with the paint roller!!!
on 4 February 2013
Heaven's Basement have been around for years in various forms, and from the Hurricane Party/Roadstar years to the current (and hopefully permanent) incarnation, they have experiment with many different types of rock. Earlier songs and recordings can of course be found on youtube, so I'll keep this short.

Filthy Empire is a fantastic summary of their years of experimentation. The songs are expertly rerecorded and bolted with energy so that they fit seamlessly into this album. They're both furious and full of energy. Fire Fire and Nothing Left to Lose are both great start points for new comers to the band, and fans of classic hard rock will likely sink their teeth into Jump Back and Executioner's Day.

I don't see any weak points to this album. It's a killer album and one that fans of all kinds of rock should try.
on 18 February 2013
EVERY single song a potential hit- Aaron Buchanans vocals are amazing and all 4 of them, Sid Glover on guitar and backing vocals,Chris Rivers on drums and Rob Ellershaw on bass have written and performed a fantastic album. Saw them play at Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh last year while supporting Seether and they blew 'em off the stage. Hope they make it big, they deserve it.