on 21 April 2013
Good concept. Just a bit too short a story. Too much information to take in so it all felt a bit confusing. The romance thing was pointless. Would have been better if we knew earlier why they were there and then have it end in pointless failure. Still I'm not a writer so what do I know. A fully developed story with this concept would be excellent.
One person found this helpful
on 9 February 2013
This is the first book that I have read by Scott McElhaney. I really enjoyed the book, I found the story interesting and the loss of one star in the rating is because I think that a longer book would have been better, more interesting. It seemed a bit rushed. I am certainly planning to explore more of Mr McElhaney's writing.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 May 2014
Have given this short novel only one star as it is a bit proposterous. People with no space training or experience being sent on a mission to save humanity? Characters are wooden and one dimensional. The good thing about sci-fi is that it allows the author to think outside the box but this is a bit too silly.
on 30 April 2013
Despite being rather simplistic I would put this in a tipping yarn category. I would really have liked the story to have begun at an earlier time building up to the time of the book. Nevertheless very enjoyable
on 20 March 2013
This I found to be a good read but I would have liked to have seen it fleshed out a little. A good premise of being cryo froze with a life ending diseases and being revived well into the future when medical tech catches up. Would have liked to have had the aliens explained a little bit more and maybe the ending a bit longer.
on 16 October 2014
More about Elena and Donny please Mr McElhaney... Oh and making the next one a wee bit longer would be nice. Thank you for a very enjoyable read
on 5 March 2017
Bit cheesy but an easy read, quite enjoyable. Not much more to say but I have to add a minimum number of words.
on 17 July 2013
Scott, I really enjoyed it but as with the others, it has made me want more and more so please keep going and show me more of your fascinating imagination. Thanks Nick. Ngilbert8321@gmail.com
on 9 June 2016
Great story liked this book.
on 4 August 2013
I really enjoyed Erinyes, it had lots of elements of classic science fiction - time travel (of sorts), space ships, aliens. What's not to love with that lot! I was a little disappointed that the story seemed to travel towards a love story (not my thing at all) but that aside it was an enjoyable read and I look forward to reading more of Scott McElhaney's work now I have discovered him.