on 8 May 2013
Having read and enjoyed the first book, I kind of assumed that it was necessary to purchase this sequel. However, it definitely is not; I feel rather mugged off. There is no further original plot development; more a rehash and repetition of things that have already happened in the first book. This I could just about swallow but to find that the book was in fact more of a tag on so short in fact that it could have - and should have - been (if at all) an extra chapter or two at the end of the original book.

I would not recommend buying this sequel as it does not add anything to the first book, which was good enough in its own right.
on 9 April 2015
Pt 2 of trilogy and as fast and furious as book 1, still w same excitement, still being thrown about by fate, still no idea who's done it - love it....am now hooked on this author and can't wait for 3 of trilogy...cannot put them down - locked into characters from v start - someone's put a lot of thought into this book and a v cunning and skilful writer - tight, weaves rings around the reader - ne of best writers I've ever found - would certainly highly recommend - Squirrel 59 - Thur 9.4.15
on 4 January 2013
5star the story had me on edge of my seat from start to finish. Brilliant book. Constant twists and turns . *****
on 18 November 2014
As with the first book, this was another good read. Twists, turns, galore. This book had me gripped. The third of the trilogy I have yet to read, but the title makes sense fitting in with the first two. I can't wait to read The One You Trust. I need to find out how this whole story fits together. Good read.
on 11 January 2013
I read this straight after reading "The One You Love". Again, it had that 'difficult to put down' feeling, although I get the feeling this was a bit shorter than the first book, as I comfortably read this in a couple of hours.

The story picks up four weeks after the shocking events that the first book ended on. Emma, Dan and co. want to move on from those events, but there's a few people out there determined not to let that happen. There's a few new characters, plus a few older villans making a return. The story itself is a bit lighter than the first book, and although there were surprises, I could tell which characters (outside of Emma, Dan, Lizzy and Will) were the ones who were going to have the biggest impact on how the story turned out.

It is still a good read and worth reading if you have read the first.
on 6 February 2016
There's a bit in the first book where someone listens to an explanation of the convoluted goings-on and says, "OK, sounds plausible." That's pretty much how it goes, nothing really sounds in the least plausible, but you want to give it the benefit of the doubt. I still like the writing style, but the plot is so full,of holes, nobody from any profession or walk of life follows common procedure, and the implausibility is getting to be just too much of a stretch. What was forgivable in the first of the trilogy just grates even more. There's one point where, if a character refers to their friend by name, it will blow the gaff that the friend is using a false name, but rather awkwardly, and conveniently, they say "my colleague" instead of referring by name. This is just one small example of the kind of stretched reality that gives it all a lack of believability. There was no real need for them to be using a false name anyway. Things like this had me screaming at the book at times, telling the characters to just behave like normal people and make normal decisions. I'd hoped for an improvement following a reasonably promising first instalment, but unfortunately it went the other way.
on 1 January 2013
Couldn't stop reading brilliant. Twists and turns I really enjoyed it now going to look fir more books by Paul Pilkington
on 2 January 2013
Better than the first! Couldn't put it down definitely one I'd recommend; easy to follow and good characters tied up nicely at the end
on 25 April 2013
I downloaded this immediately after finishing The One You Love and again, this follow up didn't disappoint! It wasn't quite as gripping as the first but still kept me intrigued all the way through! I enjoyed the plot and especially reading about the same characters! I will now be downloading Pilkington s next novel, which I'm sure I will finish just as quickly cos I can't stop reading once I start!
on 30 December 2012
Wish I hadn't read it. I got so drawn into "The one you love" I purchased this book straight after as I really enjoyed the prequel (5 star rating). This storyline was too short with obvious conclusions to its twists and turns.. Sums everything up far too quickly and feels like a rushed conclusion with very little love and enthusiasm in comparison to that shown in the prequel. Big let down! Would no recommend reading this book unless you want to feel like you're reading a Disney version of events. Far to simplistic!