Customer reviews

Size: 750 W|Style: Semi-Modular Cables|Change

on 7 August 2017
For most of you this Powersupply will be great but not for people that have an open air case with water cooling.

This Powersupply is great, but now it's the weakest point of my build, I have a balls to the wall system now with watercooling on the CPU and a GTX1070 that will stop it's fans on idle, it's a quiet system... but this power supply is loud... it TAPS/CLICKS constantly 24/7 as well as having a loud fan, I've read reviews and everyone says the same as me, and these nothing i can do about it now, avoid at all costs if you have a open case such as my Core P3 from Thermaltake.

Yea it has a 5 year warranty, so i can get a new one, but they all click and are all loud, it's a cheap PSU made by a random company and they brand it corsair.
It's my fault for going for the cheapest 750W PSU i could find from a well known brand, at some point i need to re-wire my whole system and pay for a expensive quiet power supply, lesson learnt research even modane parts such as the PSU model you're looking to buy.

If you make a google search for CX750M "noise" "tapping" "buzzing" "loud" You'll find loads of posts about how bad and loud this PSU is.
theres even a post on the linustechtips forums and someone said "the CX series isn't for gaming"- Reece Leu and the post is by Simon-seku
on 1 September 2016
If you are reading this, you are probably looking for a decent PSU for your middle/high end build. This is NOT what you are looking for.

Corsair's CX series are not meant to be for higher end PC's. Now as to who is their target audience is with the 850W model, I am not even sure...

To add insult to injury, my unit started making a high pitched sound (even when the PC was shut down!) which was increasing dramatically based on the load (gaming). This was only with one 1060GTX card which draws a measly 120W MAX. I can't even imagine what would happen when used on more demanding systems.

To sum up, if you are looking for a Corsair PSU, simply buy a unit from the higher end series or with the same money get the same features and MUCH higher quality from a different brand.
on 19 March 2016
I ordered this (CXM750W Modular 80Plus Bronze certified ATX/EPS PSU) back in December however due to some unforeseen issues it has been kept in it's box and unused until now, I'm sad to say that I've received a faulty PSU, using this PSU has caused my PC to power off instantly intermittently, I've tried another PSU (a lower quality component of the same wattage) in the same PC and it is definitely this PSU causing the issue. Sadly because its been so long since I've bought the PSU I can't seem to return it.
on 19 February 2017
Much quieter than the old unit it is replacing.
My PC has had 3 PSUs before this one. The first 2 didn't fail it was other machines that failed and I had to do some mixing and matching to get different ones to fit different cases.
Anyway this unit is by far the quietest of the 4 I've used in the last 2 years. The fans on this unit move a lot more air than my old ones with less noise and the air feels colder than before.
My only negative is that the braided cabling is actually harder to route in the case than the simpler idea of bare coloured wires. Also needs more thought when planning air routes throughout the case. Not a big deal just took a bit more planning.
Really good value for money and seems to be extremely well built.
on 9 August 2017
The Power Supply initially was fine. Seemed of decent build quality and the cables were nice and thick. Nothing to complain about.

Until about 3 days after building the system, when the unit started revving up so loud it sounded like a lawn mower was in my room (I'm serious, it was that loud), and the noise was very concerning. I checked all the parts and the noise is definitely coming from the PSU. I don't know whether the fan or the unit itself is making the noise, but the system temperature is fine and I'm at least 100w under the power limit. The noise certainly isn't something to put up with, so I'll be returning it. Expected better from Corsair.
I bought this to replace a cheaper PSU that couldn't cope with the power supplies of my new rig. The modular nature of the cabling is brilliant as it means you only use what you need and the cable lengths are easily long enough for use in a full tower. The Thermatake Lvl10 is a monster of a case but I had no trouble running these cables. Again the modular-ness made cable management a breeze. For it's size it's pretty quiet too.

ASUS M5A78LM LX PLUS motherboard
1TB HDD, 2TB HDD, 520G HDD
ASUS Nvidia GeForce 960
Thermatake Lvl10 GT case with 4 fans
AMD Athlon 6 CORE CPU
16gb RAM
on 29 May 2016
I love the modular cables on this power supply. it means that I can leave off a whole bunch of cables that I don't need which improves air flow and keeps the case tidy.

The power supply is working well and will work on any TKX motherboard.
this is referred to as "semi modular" as the main supply needed for the motherboard is hard wired into the power supply. this isn't a problem as you need this connection any way, so having it modular is a waste of time, money and effort. Having this cable fixed is the right thing to do.

Molex and floppy cables are included, but devices that use these are not too common now. I now there will still be some kicking about - I have a few old drives in boxes that could use them, but for reasonably new kit, you will most likely need and use the SATA cables.

It's reasonably quiet so it wont interrupt your gaming or movie watching. Standard UK "kettle lead" type power input cable is supplied with this.

Good piece of kit. it works well and stays quite. what else do you need?

If you find this review useful, please click "YES" next to "Was this review helpful to you?" Thanks!
on 12 February 2016
although ive only had this a short while ive noticed a buzzing sound coming from the unit under load, it doesnt seem to be causing any issues in voltage to my components (using HWiNFO to confirm the voltages and temps) and seems to be a common problem with these units after doing a google search, im hoping its just a built in feature that is pulsing the fan (like a fan controller circuit) as like i said kicks in under load but still a little worrying for a brand new unit and i guess time will tell,

Ive given the unit 4 stars for now because
1) It looks well built inside and out
2) its semi modular so cable management can be easily done
3) has built in surge protection and over voltage protection
4) doesn't get too hot under load thanks to the beautiful corsair fan design
5) cables are black sleeved and labelled clearly
on 19 April 2016
The 8 pin EPS cable length is fine for most atx cases, but I installed this in a Corsair Vengance C70 case and to keep the cable management tidy across the back of the motherboard tray I felt I had to buy an 8 pin EPS extension cable.
The PSU has the CX750M graphic on both sides of the Unit, so mounting it fan up or fan down within a windowed case and having the CX logo on view is fine, build quality is very good, it will pump enough juice to power 2 x R9 270X in Crossfire X with power to spare (though I am using an R9 280X), the only fault I can find (if it is really a fault) is that the 12v 8pin eps cable isn't braided and for some reason it has 2 x 4 strand cable coming from the PSU of which one is slightly longer than the other going into the connector...

Overall a very good PSU, sleek looking and powerful enough run a high end PC with ease...
on 21 October 2016
This power supply unit is very reliable and has enough juice for PC builds with high performance components. I always buy from Corsair, which is a trustworthy and reputable brand. The PSU provides very steady power, and handles well during power surges and power cuts. The fan isn't noisy and the unit doesn't get hot and the sheath covered cables are aesthetically pleasing. The best feature of this PSU is the modular design, allowing you to connect only the cables you require, which helps with cable management. Overall i am happy and would recommend this power supply unit.