on 4 July 2013
This is fantastic if you want background music. To sit down and purposefully listen to it is hit and miss. There are some really good tracks that you would expect to pay a lot more for, there are quite a lot of average and sadly there are a few that are there to make up the numbers.
This compilation offers a wide range of genres so there should be something for everyone and at less than £2 for 200 it provides fantastic for the music lover.
Why only 4 star? As I say for me it is one of those albums to have on in the background while you get on with other things and I really didn't find myself going 'I must turn that track up and listen to it again'
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 July 2013
This MP3 album popped up on my recommended list from Amazon and curiosity got the better of me - so I had a quick listen to the samples and read the reviews. 10 minutes later I bought it!!

This is a pretty decent collection of mood/lounge/chillout tracks from artists that I had never heard of before and covers a wide range of styles, so there should be something here for most musical tastes, if you are looking for music to have on in the background. The tracks vary in length from just over 1 minute to about 10.5 minutes and I have not yet checked if the shorter ones are complete or just samples (something to do on a rainy day, I guess!!).

My thanks to 'Hairy Hobbit' for their 4* review, as I found myself agreeing with it totally. Nothing really stood out as a really 'wow' track, but this is a good collection if you like to have music on whilst doing other things (which I do most days). Yes, there are 'filler' tracks and some of it sounds like lift or waiting room music and some of it gets a bit too trippy and experimental, but I reckon that even if you took out the tracks you really don't like, you would still be left with a selection of 70 -80 tracks that would provide reasonable ambient entertainment. So for £1.79 I think it is a good buy, nothing startling, but if you like to have music on for a large part of the day, this ain't bad!! It is also nice to hear new artists and styles without having to pay a fortune for the privilege. Only downside is that Amazon don't tell you what the bit rate is (I have complained to them about this failing with their MP3 site) The VBR seems to range from about 170kbps to 270kbps, with most tracks in the +200kbps range. Still, this is OK if you are only listening to it in the background or on an MP3 player. This is not something you want to be buying if you are going to listen to it on high end hi-fi kit!!

I did not have any problems with the download, which is about 1.83GB in size, but my internet download speed is reasonably fast, at ~5MB/sec, so this probably helped avoid issues.

Update Nov 2013 - What a shame that the price has gone up to £7.49 for this compilation - still, not bad value for 200 tracks though! I have flagged and deleted about 20 tracks that were really not my thing, but still a decent collection of mood/lounge/chillout tracks in ambient/world/jazz/lounge music genres. I am still listening to it on a regular basis.
on 9 July 2013
There are few things better in the sunshine than some chilled out lounge music. At less than a penny per track, it is hard to go wrong with this eclectic collection. Some of the tunes are truly beautiful. Others are a mellow musical wallpaper to work or relax to. Treat yourself. Harvest your favs to create your own compilations or put on all 200 when you don't need to work too hard all day. Enjoy lounging around.
on 19 July 2013
Seemingly never-ending selection of ambient tunes from names who most will be a mystery to most. Had it on for 3 hours at home while decorating and still it never finished. Like others have said, fine for background music and a good alternative to the radio if you are busy doing other things.

Some of it is quality ambient music that would not be out of place on a mainstay complilation by Ministry of Sound or Late Night Tales and suchlike. However, there are also some real stinkers in there too with cheesy soundscapes more suited to lifts, department store and those gift shops who sell similar "ambient mood" CDs alongside scented candles and joss-sticks.

Well worth £1.79 regardless though.
on 22 June 2013
Another "bought on a whim" purchase - at the price I thought I'd give it a try. Well worth it, and haven't yet found anything in here that I dislike. Amazing value!
on 15 July 2013
For 200 songs, this album is a complete bargain. It's nice and mellow with most songs being lyricless and the general music genre being easy listening with a few others thrown in. As said by other reviews, this is pretty much an album you stick in to listen to and relax. Admittedly the songs can and do blend into each other and there are songs I've taken out because they're not to my taste.

Still, if you're looking for some good relaxation music, you can't really go wrong with this -- even if you like only a handful of songs, the album is still at a bargain price.
on 26 July 2013
Some really good tracks and some that sound very amateurish, ditch the rubbish and what remain still represents very good value.
on 21 July 2013
What can you say, The Price! £1.79p you really can't knock it. I down loaded it on MP3.
£156.00p album saving?????? If I had paid that would have been really pissed off.
But having paid a nice £1.79p.....
I'm not heavy into chill out stuff, mainly background and siesta time to blot out noise.
The majority of tracks as far as I can tell are very good.
nothing you would recognize.
One or two are a bit Lift music, I suppose it depends what you play them on.
or how tanked up or stoned one is.
If you dont like the odd track delete it, if you deleted half its still GVFM
Sweet dreams (chill mix) springs to mind as a delete.
The mixing is not to good as one track ends, the start of another makes you jump, not very chilling
I dont think this album would impress any hip young die hard cool dude but for a cheap bit of fun its O K
on 13 September 2013
You know when you get those times when you just want something playing in the background but don't know what to pick? This is the ideal answer. 200 tracks of music you have probably never heard by artists you don't know. It's certainly not doorbell or lift musak; there's some quite good stuff on here.

Dim lights, a nice glass of something, this on in the background. Bliss.

Bonus for me, when I bought this is was £1.79!
on 20 July 2013
If you like a smooth fusion of electronic and modern jazz then you simply cannot go wrong with this album. Put the tracks on random play, get your favourite drink, read a book or magazine and let the music just seep into you as you relax.

At less than 1p per track it must be the best value for money album I have bought in years. Sure you may not have heard of many of the artists and tracks but to some extent that makes the voyage of discovery that bit more interesting at limited financial exposure!