Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 September 2013
It took ages to arrive as they run out of stock but it was worth the wait. Personally I loved it. I think you need top be a musician to really appreciate this. My guitar- playing friend was really impressed but my other friends, who are into blues, commented on how tight the band but didn't go wow. Inspirational stuff for us mere mortals. I like the extra features too, interviews with band. Sound like a nice bunch of guys.
on 11 May 2013
This DVD finds our three virtuosos playing in front of a small,appreciative audience in a place called "Alvas Showroom." The first thing that strikes you about this band is the sheer joy they get from playing together.Each member has an impressive CV filled with world class musicians they have played with,but few,if any,would have allowed the creative freedom that playing in The Aristocrats gives each of these guys. How grateful we should be that Marco Minnemann wasn't chosen by Dream Theater. I could watch that guy for hours.Chops to die for and a sense of humour that is infectious.
The "extras" interviews with Marco and Brian are interesting and informative,but the one weak spot is Guthrie's cringeworthy piece to camera as he tries to explain his compositions for the album.An amazing talent on the guitar,but put a mike in front of him,and feel your toes start to curl.
So,if you haven't already guessed.... I strongly recommend you buy the deluxe edition (2cd+DVD) of this concert.
on 17 April 2013
The review written by Haani R. Nowilaty - says everything that needs to be said about Guthrie and this trio. My life has followed a similar pattern except I have laid my guitar down many times for long periods. However I'm back at it with gusto and do believe Guthrie Govan is the most complete and articulate guitarist on the planet today!
on 6 July 2013
These guys are awesome anyway but this is so watchable, no glitz n glam.....no big stage and fancy lights but somehow it doesnt matter at all. Just to watch the connection between these guys is amazing.
on 31 March 2014
Bought this after going to see them at the Liquid rooms Edinburgh and wasn't disappointed, captures the live perfomance perfectly, 3 extemely talented people at their peek and would recommend this product to all aspiring musicians.....an education buy this product.
I can't wait for the live DVD of their latest offering " Culture Clash"
on 31 October 2013
I like this grou because is a Jazz-Prog Rock Band very good, in the vein of the Phill Collins' Brand X!

All The Music here are very virtuos, and two of them are with Steven Wilson band, what more you want?
on 11 October 2013
Seriously, why bother reading this. The album showcases three great musicians, with the Guthrie Govan the focal point, he does like to play a bit, so don't complain about all of those strange sounds he makes with his geeetaar, he lieeks tooo maeeek funeee noyseseses and does a wonderful job of it, very clever guitar work and good music. Enjoyed the live stuff!
on 27 September 2013
My guitarist son wanted this for his birthday. He tells me it's pretty great and the bonus is this comes with a DVD as well as the CD.
on 16 January 2014
Superb playing , good sense of humour . Very simply shot with first class sound . The qualitynof the music is enough to entertain
on 4 February 2015
How do they do it? They do it live!