on 17 May 2013
I got this eBook when it was available as a free download from Amazon. It is the sequel to Excess All Areas which I really enjoyed so I was excited to find out what Freya and Nicholas were up to now!

I was absorbed by the story straight away, it felt like only yesterday that I had read the previous book because I found it so easy to remember it all. The blast from Freya's past came early on in the book, this was a fantastic twist in my opinion and kept me glued to the pages as I waited to see what would happen. The information that Jonny gave Freya sent her reeling and from that moment she seemed to fall apart a little bit. But there was lots more to come...

Freya's feisty nature shone through once again and her witty banter entertained me throughout, but when her life became complicated she didn't handle it in a good way. I found myself feeling frustrated by her actions particularly where hospitals were concerned. About halfway through the book things took a sinister turn, this was a great part of the story because it added some heart-pounding mystery and intrigue.

Later on came a real `oh my goodness' moment which completely shocked me, I certainly hadn't seen that one coming! It was something that I knew would affect Freya in a big way and I felt concerned for her. What followed was a scary time and although I had guessed who was responsible for what had been going on I enjoyed it nonetheless.

As I have come to expect from this author the writing was addictive and pulled me in so that I was unable to stop reading, this made it another one day read to add to the list.

Public Property was a great read that entertained me from start to finish, I would definitely recommend it!
on 25 February 2017
Mandy's books are all just fabulous and this is another one full to bursting with fantastic content........likeable characters, a great storyline and lots of emotion - ranging from laugh out loud to OMG,what's going to happen next moments. Having read and loved the first book 'Excess all areas', I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next part of Freya and Nicholas' s story. I wasn't disappointed!! It's brilliant! The books do have a cross over storyline so I highly recommend reading the first book....you will fall in love with the characters and having the second book to then look forward to is very exciting. Freya and Nicholas are trying to live a 'fairly normal' life, despite Nicholas being a well known film star. Having got engaged in book one, they are now planning their future together but a few things start getting in the way. A few shockers in this book will have you turning page after page - you can't help but want to know what will happen next. I was drawn in right from the start, Mandy creates characters that you immediately feel a bond with and you can't wait to find out how their story plays out. I have read lots of Mandy's books and I have enjoyed each and every one. I am always on the look out for her next book and know it will be like meeting up with a good friend.....that's exactly how Mandy's books make you feel. I highly recommend this book.
on 2 June 2014
This is the sequel to Mandy Baggot’s first novel Excess All Areas.

Photographer Freya Johnson and famous film actor Nicholas Kaden are now engaged and living in America. Finally Freya can leave her past behind her and move on… Until her ex turns up from the UK and what follows are drama, shocking revelations that lead up to an explosive ending.

I thought I had read all of Mandy Baggot’s books, so I was so excited to find Public Property in my reading pile and that I would be catching up with Freya and Nicholas again, who are such great characters. This is one of those great story-lines that have you gripped from page one, and so much happens to Freya’s character in this book, and I did not see the amazing twists in the story coming and I found the plot playing out in my head like a good film. It is an amazing and entertaining read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I loved meeting Freya and Nick in Excess All areas so I jumped at the chance to reunite with them and see where life had taken them.
As is typical of Baggot's work you are immediately drawn in to the story, enveloped in Freya's life so it doesn't feel like you are reading about it, but are in fact right there with her.

There seems to be this trend in sequels in which the couple have an argument and break up, spend half of the second book separate before getting back together again.. What I really enjoyed with this one is that Baggot didn't do that, Freya and Nick are stronger than they were in Excess All Areas, if anything the conflict in this book brings them closer together.

This was another fab read from Baggot, and I'm disappointed that my real life got in the way of reading this, otherwise I'm sure I would have devoured it in a day.
on 29 December 2012
Having read Excess All Areas earlier in the year, it was nice to catch up with Freya and Nicholas again. I was pleased to see the banter between the two was still there, which made me smile often and laugh out loud several times. It was also great to see that they were still very much in love.

The first half of the book built up a good picture of their relationship and gradually filtered in bits of information that were later significant to the plot. The pace increased as the plot developed and there were plenty of surprises along the way. Some I weren't expecting at all and one was a complete surprise but an excellent one. The tension increased with every page right up until the end.

A great plot that builds up and really gathers pace with plenty of twists to keep me on the edge of my seat.
on 20 March 2013
I was so delighted to catch up with Freya and Nicholas again after 'falling in love' with this delightful couple in Excess All Areas. I didn't know what to expect with the sequel, but I knew it would be GOOD. Well, it was actually BRILLIANT and I curled up to read this, enjoying every single page. There is just the right mix of fun, romance and drama to make this a page-turner. Twists you won't expect and underlying it all, two characters who give you that 'feel good' factor. As for 'Wild Wednesday....', you will have to read it to find out what that's all about! But Mandy Baggot will have you in stitches!
on 25 April 2015
I loved the first Freya Johnson book and was very pleased to discover there was a book 2! I love the character, she is so easy to relate to . . . I was hooked from the first few pages. Please Mandy, let there be a book 3, I neeeeeed to know what happens next!! :-)
on 16 February 2018
Great read with lots of laughs. Every woman deserves a Nick in their life x thank you for another entertaining read x
on 12 October 2016
Loving the first in the series, I knew I would be hooked and was drawn n from the first page to the last one. Just couldn't stop reading it, and was happy to catch up with the characters.
on 27 July 2013
I purchased this ebook as I completely loved reading Excess All Areas and wanted to see how the love story of Freya and Nick progressed. I was completely absorbed by the book right from the start, even rushing home to read it after work and daydreaming about the story during the day. Thoroughly enjoyed by me Five stars most definately :-). Would love to know the follow on from this one now lol