TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 July 2016
Marked is the third novel in the Detective Callum Doyle series.

Doyle actually feels like a whole different character in this book. He is so angry and going by the rules goes totally out of the window whilst working on his new case. He is determined to get justice for the parents of a murdered sixteen year old girl. That justice seems to come at a price though as the person behind the murder gets deep under Doyle's skin and threatens to lose him everything.

The villain in this novel, I don't think I could have despised even more than I did. Not only did he get under Doyle's skin, he truly got under mine as well. So much so that I was really routing for Doyle to catch him out. Problem is though, he is one devious character and I was as infuriated as Doyle was at the injustice at times.

This authors books are an absolute must read if your a a big crime fan that loves their books to be adrenaline fuelled. Every time I pick one up I am well and truly hooked. The story lines are gritty, dark and full of tension.

Marked is a fast paced read that felt at times that I was going at full throttle and left me totally wind swept by the end. It's very much a story about gut instincts and staying true to what you believe. Another great novel in the series.
on 24 January 2015
Well it just gets better and better with these books. This one is a little different from the previous two books as it concentrates more on a suspect than on a murder. The dismembered body of a young teenager Megan. After Doyle becomes involved in the investigation with his new partner Tommy, Doyle becomes obsessed with pinning the murder on a tattoo artist called Stanley Proust. Doyle had had dealings with him before again involving the murder of a young girl and Proust walked away from that one. There is also Lucas back on the scene pulling Doyle's strings and taking him further down the road to become a bad cop.
In this book we see a darker side of Doyle, he doesn't play well with others. I have already read Cry Baby, so hope book 5 will be out soon. Certainly recommend without a doubt.
Still love the humour in these books, here is a little quote.
"If there's a choice I'd stay alive. I can be a lot more persuasive when I have a pulse" Brilliant!
I read one book via Pigeonhole which got me to reading the rest of David Jackson's previous books. His graphic detail in story telling is amazing and the rollercoaster of story lines is unbeaten. I look forward to reading more from this author.
on 26 June 2015
Loved the first 3 books about Detective Doyle . David Jackson an author to watch ...gonna be one of the great authors of crime fiction to add to the biggest names around . Recommend you read his books and dare to take more than 3 sittings per book. Riveting fresh story lines grisly teeth gritting gasp out loud chapters that are also laced with emotion and a fine edge of humour at times x BRILLIANT!!!😀
on 29 December 2016
Brilliant, love this writer I have all his books, these are brilliant thrillers, very well written.
on 23 July 2017
Brilliant page turning action up to 3am to finish the book
on 6 November 2014
A great read that I had to finish over two days. I immediately liked Callum Doyle and enjoyed this as much as the other books in the series. I hope there will be more!
on 22 February 2015
Here we go again five stars once again excellent read enjoyed the story line just wonder how David Jackson does it book after book great
on 17 December 2014
What a roller coaster of a story! There were so many twists and turns, I was almost dizzy with suspense . Absolutely brilliant!
on 17 July 2015