Customer reviews

on 21 April 2017
This was pretty short but I'm still enjoying it. He could do with a tougher editor though.
Tempted to get book 4 (but less so)
on 19 September 2016
An enjoyable book three of the series, where James travels through strange worlds to fight and stop Cutterjack...amongst other things.

I like the weird and wonderful oddness of it all; the worlds, the characters and plot. It's a curious mix of fantasy, paranormal, old, machine (steampunk-like) and science-fiction, and yet it works.

Engaging and intriguing...highly recommended.
on 12 December 2015
James and crew fight on, no matter what happens.
on 2 February 2013
I would have liked to give this 4 1/2 stars but cant, it doesnt deserve as little as 3 so it gets 5.
I felt it started off a bit slow, but certainly picks up after the first few days. By the end it had me wanting more, as is usual with Glynns books.
A few old charactors were not introduced well (i.e. the ghost brothers) and I would have liked a bit more conversation when they met, it seemed to sudden.

Im finding the way Glynn has his books for sale a little confusing. I keep checking what i already have on my Kindle to make sure i have not missed anything. Believe me its worth checking you have them all, nothing here should be missed. I also very much enjoy reading other protagonists adventures in Glyyns world. Glynn has a knack of keeping the reader inthralled about what is going on inside and outside his main story line.

It hard to put his books into one category, they are a mix of 'steam punk', scifi and horror all cleverly mixed into one. I waited a long time for this book and was not disapointed. Hurry up with the next one... please.
on 19 June 2014
I went straight into this book after reading book 2 and was a bit disappointed.
Haldon is mostly alone and has to get out of the tunnel. This, to me, read a lot like watching a video game where you have to kill this bad guy to move along and solve that problem.

the writing is very good, though. I do like this world (outside the tunnel).
on 24 March 2013
Fantastic book for anyone who has already read the Diary of the Displaced, books 1 and 2. This story picks up with James yet again finding himself in the coridoor, this time trying to find his family and also kill Cutterjack once and for all. The story continues to be fast paced through various worlds, with imagery that although not complex leaves you with enough for your imagination to fill in the gaps. This book at last sees a conclusion to James adventure, yet leaves the reader wanting more, as his granddaughter will now be able to take the adventure further. This book has a variety of charactesr you will feel mixed emotions for, all with their own tales to tell, no doubt their stories will be told by the author at some point in a future book. Overall a complex page turner that has definately left me wanting to know more about the worlds and creatures I have been shown through this series of books.
on 13 February 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the 'Displaced' Books, although they could do with better proof reading. Glynn James has a writing style and talent for story telling that makes you just want to keep reading. If I was still young enough to stay up all night reading, I would have read it in one sitting. He's right up there with Neil Gaiman and Clive Barker for me.
on 11 March 2013
Love the whole diary of the displaced series. First series in ages that comes up with
really unique story line. Hope Glynn James is on the sequels! Can thoroughly recommend it!
on 8 May 2013
James H is continuing on his journey. The story unravels beautifully. I had to read it in one sitting. Highly recommended.
on 13 November 2013
A very different take on a supernatural story -enjoyed all three books , cant wait for the next in the series