on 11 March 2013
Loved the first three books but the last two left me wanting. I felt that the ending was very anticlimactic. I just felt that a 5 series book needed an ending. It just slowly spiraled into a marginal ending (again, loved this writers first three books) but the last two just felt like they could have been condensed and that it just needed more meat. It felt very lite in the depth of the story for me with the last two books.
on 19 February 2013
Absolutely love these books - so caught up in the storyline but oh my so dissapointed with the ending- please put fingers to keys and get another one written quickly!!!!I want to know what happens. Great characters, great story.
on 9 May 2015
This is a series of books aimed at I suppose the younger reader. I have 65 and just loved them. So sad when the series came to an end. Would highly recommend them. You really cannot put the book down
on 14 December 2012
Firstly I want to say well done to Rachel she is def one of my fave authors and I genuinely love the star crossed series they are fab and up there with the twilight series for me. However that said I didn't enjoy this book as much as I have the previous 4. For me so much was happening it was almost too much and I guess I wanted a bit more of mimi and Avalon time as there is a lot of action in this book. That said once again I will be waiting for Rachel to write next addition to this series as well as next starbright book I cant wait to see what else this fab author has up her sleeve :-)
on 18 July 2013
....then why not ????? Fantastic extension of the original series with a more in-depth look at the other twin's life after the rebellion. Again, great depth of characters, realistically and compellingly written, and I love seeing the guy's side (gives me hope that they do think and feel a LITTLE like us !). Can't wait for more.
on 25 June 2013
I have read all the previous books in the series and this quite surprised me as the others were all in the voice of the heroine whilst this is in the voice of the heroine's brother. It is interesting to see his perspective, but the writing style has remained the same, (basic-easy reading-with a bucket full of spelling and grammar errors) which feels odd.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2012
Was so excited when I heard this book was being written & Rachel didn't disappoint! I loved getting to know Avalon better & catching up with old friends (Eden & kiren)! This book is exciting, funny & romantic. Mimi is great & Avalon a hoot! The bad guy is even worse than Lucan was & thats saying something!!Loved this book from beginning to end! Can't wait til the next instalment to see what happens next!
on 20 October 2013
Glad to have read it as it gave an insight to Avalon. The other books were based around his twin sister and what she thought and how she felt when they shared thoughts but I also felt it was a book too far. It was a must read to tidy up the looses ends of the whole set of books but was glad to get it done.
on 7 January 2014
4.5 stars -- *happy sigh* Which is weird, b/c there is still so much turmoil with that ending. But Avalon....Avalon Avalon Avalon. I was worried about reading a love story about a character that I couldn't help but see as a brother, b/c of course I made myself into Eden (and thus got to marry Kiran, *sigh*). Would I be able to get behind it? I mean, obviously I wanted Avalon to have his own HEA, but would I be able to fall in love with him after seeing him as the annoying big brother for so long?? And I guess it won't be quite the same as all my other book boyfriends, but holy wow did I want to be Amelia in so much of this book. So yeah, Ms. Higginson was definitely able to expand Avalon past that brotherly role we've seen him in, and into mega adorable, please kiss me like that please, hero of the day. Seriously. So delicious.

I had initial skepticism about Amelia being the love interest of our delicious bad boy...and most of that is b/c in Hopeless Magic when we're first introduced to her, she's described as maybe 11 or 12 (to their current 16-17). So I wondered when this book would be set. And while there definitely seems to be a continuity error surrounding Amelia's age, the gap of 3 years from the end of Endless, and the closer age gap in this book melted my fears. We all knew her sweetness, but OMG did I love her feistiness in putting dear Avalon in his place.

As is in keeping with the rest of the series, the action and suspense part of the plot was beyond compare. I'm still sick thinking about damn Terletov, wondering what exactly he's trying to accomplish. So yeah, totally LOVED getting back into the action of the world with its new challenges and bad guys.

The humour was beyond compare -- not surprising given it is Avalon. LOVED the interactions between him and Eden again.

And finally, and most importantly for me, the love story was just so freaking adorable. And heartbreaking at times.

Yeah, fan girling all over the place over here, but what else did you expect? I just love the worlds Ms. Higginson builds, and the characters that make me wish were real.
on 26 July 2013
I am so happy I finally got to read this book! Seriously, The Star-Crossed Series is my favorite book series of all time and I am so thrilled that the story continued after Endless Magic.

It definitely is a little weird now that the story is focused around Avalon and Amelia and a whole new threat to the kingdom (not weird like I don't like it, just weird because I am familiar with Eden's POV). I was so used to Eden and Kiran (more like addicted since I have the hugest crush on Kiran!), but it was great to get beyond their love story and see what is happening with everyone else. (Although I admit that my favorite parts of the book were whenever Eden or Kiran was around. They seriously are my most favorite couple of all time!)

I just can't believe that everything happened so fast. I'm just like...WOW...stunned. Not to mention anxious to know what is going to happen next. This enemy is way more frightening than Lucan ever was. Lucan was insane, no doubt, but he maintained order and structure; Lucan still had sense and reasoning. This new guy, Terletov, is unpredictable and uncontrollable. There is no order, there's only chaos. I kinda can't wait for the other two books to come out just so I can read them and be content with knowing how it all ends; and then I can actually go back and reread the books again and again without having to stress so much.

Seriously though, it is so wonderful to get to read about all my favorite characters again! I've missed them so much! And I always wanted to see more of Avalon. It's funny seeing Amelia change from being this sweet little girl in Eden's eyes to this wonderful woman in Avalon's eyes. I always loved both of them. They make a good couple. And their names both start with A's which I think is super cute. Avalon and Amelia. :) So cute.

Can't wait for the next book! (But if I am being honest it is really Sebastian's book that I am looking forward to the most! I love him so much and even though he was in this book, I need more of him! I miss him! Sorry Jericho. And Avalon. But Sebastian wins! Unless Rachel decides to write a book from Kiran's POV, which won't happen. But if it did, then Kiran would win.)