on 30 January 2014
This is a great little Micro SDHC card from one of the most reputable brands in flash memory. I've used many Lexar products and never had one fail.

This is a UHC-1 class card which means it can achieve much faster write speeds and is therefore particularly suited to video recording. There are higher classifications, but the cost increases considerably. This card is perfectly acceptable for my GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition which can shoot 4K video at 15fps.

GoPro has a page on their site which lists Micro SD card compatibility and the 32GB version of this card is on there. Other cards will work but sometimes may not be suited to all the features of the camera. The ones GoPro has tested are listed on the page.

This card hits that great balance of price vs performance. At the time of writing the 32GB version is £29.09 here on Amazon which is great value.

The only downside is the reader. Micro SD cards always need an adaptor. The little one provided here takes up a valuable USB slot. I much prefer the adaptor which is a full size SD card. This allows you to use your existing external SD card reader, or the built-in one fitted to most modern computers and notebooks.
on 23 October 2015
One of the main appeals for me was with the USB 3.0 Micro SD card reader that came with this. I've always found in the past that most readers tend to be fully made of plastic and this caused a lot of problems with how much I used them at work. They would often break easily through simply wear and tear and there would be no ideal alternatives other than standard USB devices.

This thankfully changed everything however. The overall build of the device works well and I like how the Micro SD card is slot-loaded on the top rather than inserted in some other abnormal way (the worst being cheap Chinese readers that have you insert the card from inside the USB bus/plug itself!). The thing that helped the most though is that the USB connection is metal rather than complete plastic which makes this last longer and prevents unnecessary breakage from constant use.

It's a shame there isn't a lot of USB 3.0 devices like this at present that are not sold individually.
on 4 February 2014
I've bought both this Lexar 600x and the SanDisk Extreme 32GB for my GoPro Hero 3+ Black.
Have been testing this via the USB 3.0 adapter and the speeds aren't really near the 90MB/s as advertised, but i know there are a lot of potential bottlenecks when it comes to testing on a PC.

Hopefully it will be more than enough to serve my GoPro 3+ well!

** TESTED WITH 2GB FILE instead of waiting for 32GB to complete**
- Helpful application called H2TestW. If you google it, it will help test speed of your SD cards.

Warning: Only 2000 of 30538 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 41.2 MByte/s
Reading speed: 69.1 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
I filled this card with 1080p 60FPS footage and a little 1440p during my recent ski trip. This card flawlessly recorded everything and I have had no problems with formatting errors and the like that other cards are reported to suffer from. Very happy with the card and it has linked up to both my laptop and desktop (windows) without any issues with both USB2 and USB3. Deserves 5/5.
on 20 January 2016
Worked great in my GoPro and Sony cameras without any issues and using the little usb adaptor and a usb 3 port on my laptop made for a massively quicker download that plugging the cameras into the laptop.
Would recommend
on 13 July 2013
Using the supplied USB3 reader (really small - about half the length of your smallest finger and same thickness), I get about 80MB/s write and 25MB/s read at maximum. I won't deduct a star for a few MB at this price!
Plenty fast enough for my purposes - both for an in-pocket memory stick, and as a backup for my camera in an SD adaptor (not supplied)
It is also on par with the Class4 I use in my phone at small file sizes (treble or quadruple above 1MB)

Whether your phone can use it or reach these speeds is another matter!
on 21 June 2014
The memory card here is the bonus as this is one if the fastest and best made card readers available. It's solidly built and gives excellent transfer speeds. The card is good too - comes FAT32 formatted and is a class 10 UHS speed
on 16 November 2017
Good memory card with good transfer speeds.
on 22 January 2014
I needed a fast card for my new GoPro - this fit the bill & has kept up to speed with the fastest recording on the GioPro without a hiccup. I've even done burst photographs at max resolution with no problems,. The USE adapter us very handy & a nice, neat design
on 10 May 2014
Good card 25mb write,85mb read using the supplied USB 3 card reader in a laptop.Should perform much the same in any computer using usb 3.Works quickly in a tablet and in a phone so good for all uses.Check out the newer versions,slightly faster still and maybe better priced on occasions,larger size cards 32gb and the SDXC card 64gb have faster read/write speeds than this 16gb card check prices before buying you may get a better deal than you thought.

See one answered question