on 25 January 2016
I got this as I have a cheap Ikea desk that when moving a mouse over it sounds like it's screaming in pain, so rather than put it more pain I needed a mouse mat. My issue with small mouse pads is I always go off the sides for one reason or another so a large mouse pad was the answer, but I decided to go for a XXL pad as I wanted to take some cushion for my keyboard as I have a habit of punching keys when I code.

For the price this pad is perfect, I'm not a desktop gamer (the issue with using Macs) so I'm not worried about how precise the mouse pad is to my mouse DPI, or how ever it's worked out. It's smooth with just the right amount of grip for doing any development work I do with graphics or photos. With a minimal graphic in the bottom left corner you don't feel like your touting any particular brand either or if you want that particular look for your workstation, this will work (so long as you want a black desk area).
on 24 September 2015
While this mat looks good and performs perfect as regards tracking, the edges started fraying within 1 month. Really, why make mats that fray? Surely the manufacturer should know this by now. Replacing with a more expensive Steelseries Dex.
on 18 July 2016
Well I got the XXL one and it's as huge as I'd have hoped! Fits my mouse, keyboard and Razer Orbweaver on nicely. The only downside is that my cats love it as much as me and it's becoming difficult to use as a result.

It has a good weight to the backing and it's not very thick. It rolls up easily but it flops down onto the desk flat and shows no bumps or creases.

The surface is uniformly smooth and my mice all track perfectly on it.
on 7 August 2013
The packaging like others pointed out crams the mat and when you take it out it doesn't lay flat all the way around, the edges go wavey and you can almost peel off the top layer off because the edges are also a little rough. I bought a medium one and I am trying to ignore the fact that it doesn't lay fully flat on the bottom edges...but otherwise, it's big enough, slick, comfortable, works well with my wireless mouse, doesn't slip around.
on 18 May 2017
Does what it says it does
on 17 June 2017
(This review is for the "XL ultra thin" version - a piece of plastic, not a cloth mouse mat.)

I bought this as a larger replacement for a Razer Sphex which had lasted four years and was damaged on the edges. I had these problems with the first Perixx pad so bought another in case it was a fluke - unfortunately it wasn't.

The main issue initially was that the adhesive on the back was useless - it didn't hold the pad in place, let alone stick to the desk well enough to keep the edges stuck down to prevent debris and dust from getting underneath. I tried to solve this with some 3M ReMount Spray Adhesive which does stop it from sliding around the desk and holds it in place, but as the material warps (see below) it isn't strong enough to keep it attached to the desk.

The other issue is that you cannot expose it to direct sunlight. This was not a problem for the original Sphex, but this material will lift and warp quite badly, as shown in the photos. In my case, even the parts at the back of the mat that have not been exposed to direct sunlight are lifting, despite the additional adhesive (although the effects are less pronounced than the parts that are exposed to direct sunlight). I have tried clamping it in place to minimize the warping, but it didn't have any appreciable effect after a week.

As both pads had the same issues, they get a 1 out of 5 from me. I'm currently waiting for the Sphex v2 to be released, the "Standard" size is 270x380mm, different dimensions from this Perixx product at 400x320mm, but should be good enough for me.
on 10 October 2017
Really good mouse pad
on 4 March 2014
Mouse mat works like a charm. Not sure why people seem to be having issues with the packaging. Yes, it is rolled up but when it is unrolled, you set the mat on your table with the mat rolling downwards so that when you flatten it in place, it gently sticks to the surface of your table and lies flat on top.

Either people have their mats on the wrong side (e.g. the curves are rolling up) or the product company manufacture some of their mats rolled one way or the other, meaning I got lucky with mine when the bottom side curved in.

All in all, the mat is efficient in it's use, responds great to my G600 Logitech, and looks simple but sexy in it's aesthetic. 5/5
on 22 September 2015
It was good for about a year but now... it's had it.

The edges buckled about 3 months in and now it's making the whole mat uneven which affects performance. Even when I initially got it, although it was better than the desk surface and I couldn't really go without it, the traction was quite substantial and did mean it glided well but it wasn't overly smooth. The only place this has is if you're a casual gamer or just a normal everyday PC user who is okay with swapping it out for a better one in a few months. Honestly, if you have the extra £5, go for the Turtle beach Drift. The edges are braided so they don't buckle like these did.

It has been good for gaming, but I recommend you spend your money on something a little better.
on 6 February 2014
I have to say that I was worried when I first ordered this product. I know it is 'just' a mouse mat but I am extremely particular when buying anything related to my PC and with good reason! I should never have worried though as from the moment I opened this mouse mats packaging, which I must add was top notch, I was sure I had made a good decision!

The mouse mat itself is of VERY high quality and has a gorgeous finish to it which makes it feel extremely soft and luxurious to the touch, no chafing of the wrists here!

I am currently using it with my recently purchased R.A.T 7 Gaming Mouse and I use them both on my sofa which has a habit, as it's old, of sagging or sloping to the left. On my old mouse mat with a Logitech G500 (not the newest model) it would slope and the mouse would slide into my right leg, not so any more! No matter how much I move the mouse and mouse mat stays put! The underside of the mat is perfectly sticky for lack of a better word and prevents me having to stick it to the board I have it on top of. The top surface of the mat holds the mouse with perfect amounts of resistance to the point where it will hold the mouse but allows it to move smoothly when the right amount of force is used.

Overall, this mouse mat is of EXCELLENT quality and I will definitely be purchasing more from Perixx in the future. Perfect!