on 3 March 2013
This book reads like it was written by a high school student. I can forgive that though, and the short amount of time it took me to read. What I can't forgive is the bad information contained within.

Firstly, I agree with the author that she doesn't have a degree in nutrition. Secondly, she alternates between calling it HIIT and HITT, which was not a great start.

Repeatedly throughout the book, you are advised to sprint for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds. I have been a keen advocate of HIIT for many years and I can tell you that 30/30 splits are extremely advanced. Only the most advanced participants can sprint for 30 seconds for 12 intervals as suggested. Yet the book suggests you begin with this. Later on you are told that by week 6 you should be doing 60/30 splits. Impossible! Unless you were not working at your hardest, in which case it would not be HIIT would it.

In the benefits section, we are told that HIIT "increases GLUT4" and "increases EPOC," yet the book does not go on to explain what these are. I'm aware of what EPOC is, but I had no idea about GLUT4.

The book is littered with spelling errors and also there are many pictures which I assumed were put in for filler, except the pictures do not even display on my device.

In conclusion, this is the worst book I've ever read and I'm usually generous with my reviews. It's a shame. HIIT is a wonderful method of training, but you won't get anything from this book.
on 11 April 2013
This book makes grossly generalised statements such as "HIIT is the best workout you can do. Period" without the author taking a moment to objectively think whether what they are writing is true. For example, for marathon runners, HIIT is most certainly not the best workout you can do. The author mentions research findings and statistics without and reference which makes this book even more suspect. I know it is meant to be concise but would a few endnotes hurt that much!

Furthermore, the book is very mixed up and has little logic in its order of information which is often repeated several times. I am a fitness instructor and I have researched HIIT in detail and I can tell you that this is definitely not the best book on the market. I would advise anyone considering buying this book to shop around a bit first.
on 31 March 2013
just on and on about theory and no real useful content. would definitely not recommend this book. luckily it was cheap.
on 24 January 2015
A interesting insight for hiit training only thing I would of liked to of seen is diagrams of the moves as some sound rather complex to do for the sake of 30 seconds but the treadmill hiit and cardio machines was very helpful
on 13 December 2013
This book tells you to do exercises but doesn't describe them so if you haven't done them before you will need to join a gym to understand what the author is talking about. Not for someone who is not a gym regular
on 2 September 2013
A decent intro to HIIT, reasonably simple explanations and various exercise plans. Worth the outlay and you do feel fitter for a small time investment.
on 22 February 2014
This is a really good book with no nonsense information. Plenty of suggestions for weight loss. I was very impressed
on 29 August 2013
Looking forward to incorporating this into a daily routine along with cycling. Great info and well written. Very good price on the kindle.
on 24 February 2013
Brilliant! I'm a personal trainer and specialise in HIIT and circuit training and this is one of the best examples I've read. Clear to the point and makes total sense