Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Style Name: 25 Sat Nav UK and Ireland|Change
Price:£109.90+ Free shipping

on 25 May 2016
My Step Father loves this ! It comes with free maps for life and its really easy to update. He can update it himself :) Never been lost not as many times as Cough Garmin!

However being 17 and a first time driver I tend to use Google Maps cause its always updated
on 4 September 2014
Excellent product. No trouble updating to latest maps. It did take a couple of hours to do this though.
A lot of improvements over my 5 year old tom tom. Much better windscreen mount. Much easier to plug in power cable.
on 16 July 2014
Bought this satnav nearly 2 years ago. Just purchased a map update pack (not included when I originally purchased). Really good satnav while it still works, hence three stars but BEWARE if you are thinking of buying - make sure they can update the maps properly before you buy - and look carefully at the TomTom forums before you commit to updating the maps - they are having all sorts of troubles with people's maps getting wiped and not installing the new ones, and they have been trying to fix it for months. My Start 25 is now a £100 pile of electronic junk which just displays "No Maps Found" and does nothing else except update the application when I connect it to the PC. I have just spent 3 days trying to get it to work again, with no success. Thanks TomTom.
on 8 October 2016
Very good basic unit and well worth the price. Used it straight out of the box to navigate out of London the first time driving in the UK. I had to depend on it. Until you go through the motion of initially setting up a route, an annoying pop up screen keeps reoccurring which is very distracting when you're driving.
Once you've done that, the unit performs admirably. Very good quality construction.
on 9 July 2014
I bought this TomTom as a replacement for my old one which kept dropping the signal leaving me to drive around places for long periods of time completely lost. This one is really handy with the whole street name thing, but it seems to have the same issue as my last one with loosing signal. I don't know if this is an problem with all TomTom devices/satellites these days, but I have yet to test it out on a longer distance journey to see how it fairs… Fingers crossed it runs a bit smoother!
on 29 November 2013
I purchased this product to replace an earlier product that had been stolen from my car.
Tom Tom is a reliable, safe name in sat navs. This product was only £20 more expensive than the map upgrade would have been for my old Tom Tom.
If you purchase a RDS cable to go with it you also get free access to the live traffic information. Be careful to purchase the correct RDS cable, I purchased one designed for an earlier Tom Tom and the supplied adapter was very poor quality and failed within two weeks, whilst working the cable was great, but I am now buying the correct cable.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2015
Tom Tom is ok. Was difficult to update the software. Contacted TomTom customer support who tried telling me that it was my firewall, so I switched it all off, but it still didn't help. Kept trying and after 2 days the sat nav finally updated. Once done, it is really easy to use.
on 20 March 2015
Excellent value for money gets you to where you want to be no problem. I read a few reviews before I bought it saying the volume was too quiet but I can honestly say I had the volume set at about 60% and had no problem at all. Have not yet been successful in connecting to the My Drive Connect for updates and whatever else it does but I will keep trying and to be fair have only tried a couple of times. Had a tom tom go for years before this upgrade and I like the extra features like automatic night colours, speed cameras as standard and improved lane features for motorways to name but a few. Overall for the price I would say you can't go wrong buy buy buy.
on 3 July 2013
a number of roads are marked as unnamed. Is this a fault ? the roads are well established as well as being spoken and named when voice instructions are being read.

I am fairly new to sat nav use but this may need replacing... is there anywhere I can find out if this is a fault ?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2014
I spent days trying to get this to link on my computer so that I could get the map updates. Forum could not help and customer support takes days by email and then no help. You have to be a computer genius with latest technology for this and I though I had simply bought a sat nav for the car!

When after several hours of work I finally did get it linked I found that updates for cameras, one promised as free, was said to have timed out. I had bought this only 5 days earlier, was this an old machine?