Style Name: Via 135 UK - Lifetime Maps|Change
Price:£109.00 - £197.60

on 22 September 2013
This is just as good as the TomTom GO I already owned. It finds the way quickly, and the routes seem appropriate, with accurate predicted arrival times. It also sticks well to the windscreen and offers a lifetime supply of map updates.

The voice recognition, however, is rather laborious, always reading out all on screen text and asking for confirmation. This is currently just a gimmick, as it is much faster (and therefore safer) to enter a postcode manually, even while driving. (The voice recognition can only recognize certain preset commands like "Take me home": you cannot use a postcode). After a couple of weeks, I gave up even trying.

I was also hopeful that the hands-free feature would be useful, but unfortunately the volume is quite low, the quality sometimes garbled and, with the TomTom on your windscreen, you have to lean forwards and shout. In fact, it's not really any different to using your mobile on speakerphone. The Avantalk BTCK-10 handsfree kit is a much better solution.
on 16 May 2013
The Bluetooth connection to my phone makes both parties too quiet and this is not a useable device for this. The voice recognition is awful translating the command turn sound off as find the nearest zoo! The maps are good but there are cheaper sat navs with good maps, the Internet updates take ages , will try Garmin next time
on 20 October 2014
i have always had tom tom sat navs ( almost 10 Years and have always found very poor support from them and even worse trying to get onto there site so I thought time to get a new sat nav and i got the new m135 which comes with free lifetime map updates .and being a few years since I bought a new sat nav hopefully there support and site has improved . HUH !!! you get so far onto the site then the site disappears or it takes you somewhere else that's useless.. so no map updates ..anyway I was going on holiday to spain and took my new m135 tom tom .. should have kept my old tom tom as the new one with the so called latest maps took me up dead end roads / dirt tracks / and kept getting itself lost
I wouldn't mind if I was in the middle of spain .. BUT Alicante / Benidorm area .. come on ???
anyway its now lost in some car park trash bin in spain where I hope it rots ...
ps I bought a garmin and it does 10 x a better job .... don't bother with this
on 1 July 2014
Which? had it as a best buy. Can't argue that.
Simple to use, but I did have some problems with the voice recognition, must be my voice.
Inputting on screen was simple enough and this took out a lot of the hassle on a recent long trip.
Instuctions came up in advance and repeated when close to the junctions etc.
Absolutely ideal and will always use this when unsure where the exact location is.
on 13 August 2013
i went for this model because of the larger 6 inch screen and free lifetime maps. It works great and i've had no problem updating the software on it by connecting to my pc. Really easy to use and update, highly recommended especially with the money off.
on 13 December 2012
I got it with offer of lifetime Europe update and I was afraid that I would not have such good support in maps for Greece, but at least now that I have used that in Athens and few towns nearby, it is really great. Big screen, without extra base so you don't carry that also, enough only guides and a lot of POIs.
on 18 February 2013
I absolutely hate satnav but sadly need them from time to time. I am very hard on them and none have managed to impress me. However, this satnav works well and is easy to use. The display is clear and has very little lag so does not get dizzy on roundabouts. The GPS still drifts in big cities with close tall buildings but still gives you a better idea of where you are than most. The mount could benefit from being a little more flexible as attaching this on a side window is impractical.
on 24 July 2013
Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, and am impressed with it so far. The only thing I find wrong is the voice control. I have not yet got it to recognise any instruction I give it. If I say a street name, it repeats something totally unlike it back to me. If I was trying to do this on the move, I would start to suffer road rage I think. A great Sat Nav, but don't buy it for this feature.
on 30 June 2013
Promptly arrived from Amazon, was easy to set up and with a little time spent looking at all the functions before using it in the car paid off. On my first long run out, it performed well giving accurate response, even when having to use a different direct to that shown, the GPS reacted within seconds to revise the route.
on 14 September 2012
OK when I ignore the route it provides it does get a little strident but in the end the voice gets back to normal. My Tom tom is easy to use. It'sTomTom Via 135 5" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries) the first I've owned and it does what it says on the box. I have yet to try in Europe. Delivery was much slower than promised.