Customer reviews

Let It All In
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 9 June 2013
"Let It All In" is the Manchester-based band's sixth studio album and the second produced by Elbow's Guy Garvey and Craig Potter and, in my opinion, is probably the best thing the band have ever put their name to which, given the quality of their previous material, is no small claim. It took a few plays, but once the songs established themselves in my mind, there was no removing them. This is simply a marvellous, beautifully written and performed piece of work from the first to the last note. John Bramwell, the singer, guitarist and songwriter is currently in the form of his life and this album is comprised of ten individually superb slices of emotionally-charged indie. If you can pigeon-hole the wonderful breadth of creativity on display here into a single category, that is (you can't!).

Album opener "Bullets" is a mournful, minor-key piece of dramatic brilliance which almost reads like a psychological thriller: "You treat your body like a cheap hotel/somewhere you can stay but never stop". The instrumental break almost brings to mind a dance number in a darkened cabaret room as the guitar solo viciously tears apart the melody line. The chorus of sublime title track, "Let It All In" offers the first warm positivity of the album and feels like sunlight breaking through the grey clouds. "Hold Back The Night" starts with a minimalist approach of bass and Bramwell's pained vocals, with guitar and drums joining in tentatively, hesitantly, building the fullness of the sound with each verse, until the instrumental break kicks in, when some sumptuous, scintillating strings take over the piece and make it soar, building to a goosebumps-on-the-skin climax with the lead guitar that leaves the listener almost breathless. Nostalgic ballad "Mouth On Me" features a tumbling bridge which cascades beautifully and "Shoeless" is tender, wistful, romantic and lovely.

The gently magnificent "Even The Stars" washes over you like one of Richard Hawley's finest performances and the folky, chirpy "Masquerade" (featuring the superb lines "the mad arrangements of my day/my descent into beige") continue the likeable, hummable high quality feel of the release. Perhaps the most catchy and commercial song on the album is "Some Better Day", which has a Beatlesque quality to it, an everyday subject matter and some lovely brass augmenting the subtle jauntiness of the melody. It's certainly one of my favourites on an album packed full of genuinely great songs. The album is brought to a conclusion with the strongly string-driven "These Days Are Mine" and the pensive, melancholy "Forgive Me These Reminders", finishing the record beautifully.

I've read quite a few reviews and there are some I Am Kloot fans who don't consider this album to be one of their best. I can't claim to understand that point of view. All I can say is that, since its release in January, I have fallen deeply in love with this album, felt that the songs more than compared with their previous work when I saw the band live in Brighton earlier this year and it is, to me, one of the best albums I have heard all year. Of course, people have their own opinions, but this is mine - "Let It All In" is absolutely magnificent.
on 25 October 2014
Some may have problems with the slightly nasal/flat/sharp voice of frontman John Bramwell, but for me his compositions are strong enough to compensate for that. Ten tracks, less than 38 minutes. Some tracks are more bombastic, others very intimistic. 'Masquerade' is the highlight for me: 2'21'' of pure beauty. It may not be that original, it's just the pure essence of a song, simple and catchy.
on 8 December 2013
Another brilliant album by one of the most underrated bands ever. Some great tunes and, as ever, beautiful vocals. It's a shame that they don't get greater recognition. This album has all the familiar sound that made Sky At Night such a wonderful and enduring album and this time Guy Garvey's assistance has put the shine on some more great compositions.
One person found this helpful
on 19 March 2013
I can't begin to say how much I absolutely love this album! There isn't a bad track on it and it is definately is my top album so far this year. It's one of those rare albums that I can sit and listen to with my headphones on and it makes my soul happy! Well with a few quid.
3 people found this helpful
on 28 January 2013
Having loved Sky at Night, their last album, and seen them at Glastonbury, we were really looking forward to this latest work, we are absolutely not disappointed. I am Kloot have the quiet presence of a band who love what they do, know it's good, and share it with us willingly, but uncompromisingly.
They write clever, moving, lyrics that somehow just connect. And the music.....at times mellow, reflective (see Let em' all in), at times soaring, rousing, anthemic (see These days are Mine)
Buy it, enjoy it, revel in the feeling. I am Kloot deserve the success this album will inevitably bring them. I see Mercury prizes and accolades in their future. But remember, I saw em' first ;)
on 11 June 2013
Saw this band at Holmfirth Picturedrome recently, ordered this CD a week before to familiarise myself with the music. Already enjoying the CD before the show but seeing them perform was the icing on the cake. Have since ordered another of theirs. Just as good.
on 15 May 2017
Fantastic.
on 11 November 2014
I think Guy Garvey is getting the hang of I Am Kloot. I've felt past productions have either just recorded them as is (no bad thing) or has gone to the other end of the spectrum and produced sounds that are just too big for their songs. I think with Let It All In he has got the balance just right! Great album in my opinion.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 January 2014
I love this band and listen to this while writing. Hold back the night is the best track on the album.
One person found this helpful
on 19 May 2014
Had a few Kloot albums came to them late but am so glad I found them as they can be astounding!!