Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

The Sims 3
Platform: PC|Edition: Standard Edition|Change
Price:£43.81+ £2.99 shipping

on 6 August 2013
Got this for a Toshiba laptop, works amaizingly. Everyone says that it crashes between 10mins to 1 hour, but so far I have played on it for ages and has not crashed once. Installing it was a bit of a hassle, you do need internet if you are going to install it on Origin. If you are stuck between getting the xbox version or this one, I would say go for this one, I have played both and this one is 10 times better, get this, you will not be dissapointed.
on 7 June 2015
Very good game, fun to play. I'd like to note that you only insert the disc once, because you have to download it via Origin. It takes a while to figure it out but you'll get there eventually! Compatible with Windows 8 and 8.1 :)
on 13 October 2013
Good graphics and works well on windows 8. Shame you have to get expansion packs to fully access all areas of the game
on 22 May 2013
I was very disappointed to find that this game didn't seem to work with my computer - a brand new Acer laptop (Windows 8). I installed it without any major problems and played it happily. But then when I came to play it again a few days later, it told me I had an unverified copy of the game (Yes, I had entered the serial code correctly!).
So I uninstalled it, and set it all up again. But the same thing happened. I tried downloading patches, but no luck. After trawling forums, this seemed to be a fairly frequent problem with no real solution. In the end I had to phone EA games (at cost) and they were very helpful. They changed the version of my game to a download version so it is on my account and I can play it on any PC.
I still don't know what the issue was, I can only assume that the disc was faulty or out of date. Or maybe there were compatibility issues with Windows 8.
The game itself is fab. I was worried it might not be as addictive as Sims 2 but it is much the same with improvements to graphics and the things you can do with your Sims. So I would suggest you get this game, but consider purchasing the download from EA directly, rather than risking the DVD version. Be prepared for late nights, as it's difficult to stop playing once you get started!
44 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2014
It is a visually stunning upgrade to the past sims games, the open world takes away large open screens between each location (though honestly in such large worlds by the time it takes to travel I just have everything I need in the the Sims house), it's got a lot of options to customize sims and houses but honestly you need a pretty good computer to run these (and especially if you have expansion packs for it or more than one sim/large lots) games, mine runs fine when I start off on a small lot with one sim but soon as I build a second floor or get them to start a family it's randomly freezing for 10 or 15 seconds, which seems small but eventually adds up when it keeps happening all the time.

The long times is to be expected given the customization that's available and giant open world with high detail but realistically the majority of people don't have a super computer to handle it.
on 6 September 2017
Very GOOOOD
on 6 February 2015
The Sims return yet again in this third full evolution of the long-running and always-expanding sim series.

The Sims 3 allows you to immerse your unique Sims in an open living neighborhood right outside their door, interacting with other Sims using the new, deeper personality system. The game also allows you to customize anything, anywhere.

Overall, the Sims 3 is superb evolution for the franchise and an impressive, enjoyable game in its own right. EA has obviously listened to criticism and worked hard to create a title that prioritises goal- based gameplay over micro-management to deliver an experience that's constantly engaging and thoroughly immersive. Occasional AI quirks cause starving Sims to wander off and play guitar, for instance, instead of eating their food but, mostly, it’s a polished title that's packed full of the humour and dry wit we’ve come to expect from the series. Will it steal some hardcore gamers off their perch? Perhaps, but we doubt they’ll admit to it...
on 23 January 2014
my daughter loves playing this game and it keeps her entertained for hours. She loves creating families and running the houses as she wants to
on 4 September 2013
I have found that i had needed internet start up the game.This game works perfectly if your laptop or computer meets software requirements. your computer has to be a mordern microsoft because older versions dont meet the system requirements, the only problem is it tends to freeze and crash a lot on Toshiba laptops. overall i'm pleased with this purchase.
on 21 June 2013
This has to be the single best game in existence. I runs very smoothly on my iMac (2009, 4gb ram, Core 2 duo.) and so do all the expansion packs. It's a must for anyone who loves the sims.