To be honest I don't know how popular the singing of Edith Piaf is these days, although she is probably still the best known singer to have come out of France. This track is nice easy listening and ideal for the Christmas period.
on 16 December 2013
A song in strong Piaf style; if you like Piaf then collect this one. To an English ear it's a sweet Christmas song with music and lyrics by men who each wrote other songs for her. But check the lyrics - it is about Chrstmas, but is not at all a happy-happy song. The arrangement makes it sound Christmassy - largely by quoting a traditional carol, Il est né le divin infant - a touch of irony, perhaps.

Four stars from me because it's good, characteristic Piaf and I like it. Not five stars because to my ear the Piaf style sounds contrived as though the composer, Marc Heyral, made a pastiche of other Piaf songs rather than choosing to be more original.
on 6 December 2013
Maybe I'm not a cultured enought twenty-something year old, or maybe it's because I don't speak French, but this didn't do anything for me. It's an alright piece, and I'm a big fan of some of the older Christmas classics (Sinatra, Bobby Helms, etc), but this just sounded 'old', and not Christmasy to me.
on 28 March 2014
Perfect for use, it met my expectations.
Very Good price "FREE" What more could you ask for.
It recommend this to anyone who enjoys music.
Not to be disliked it does what it says on the tin
on 14 December 2013
This 1951 song is typical Piaf - heartfelt, clear as a bell, melodic, and so very French. Christmas on the streets is about the cold, wind and snow, contrasted to the unattainable cosy joys peeped behind the window...
on 27 November 2013
A gem of a song. Piaf and seasonal, all in one! The orchestration is fun, with a couple of musical 'references' slipped in. If you already like Edith Piaf, or are looking for interesting seasonal music, this will keep you happy. And a free download, too! What could be better?
on 15 December 2013
This is a very different Christmas song.. downbeat, but attractive. It grew on me quite quickly. The chorus becomes catchy. I still don't think I'll be humming it while Christmas shopping, though!
on 3 January 2014
Should of noticed it said French on the label, but I was half asleep. Not my cup of tea, the language barrier failed to add magic just didn't sound right. Never mind, I'm sure the French love it!
on 30 December 2013
Free download for Christmas provides background music during festive season. Cannot complain about the price. Would recommend to get you in the Christmas mood.
on 8 December 2013
Not a knockout Christmas song that you'll hear in your local supermarket. But a song with depth and class, that gives some quality to Christmas music.