on 4 April 2009
This book and catch a falling star is the same thing word for word just different titles i was hoping this book was totally different so if you have already read catch a falling star do not waste your money purchasing this book,
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2009
Firstly, the title of this epic novel should have been 'Max Clifford - Milking it to the End'.

I see no reason for this book to have been written, apart from the fact that an uneducated girl grows up, applies to go on 'Big Brother', gets a place and along the way shows the world how stupid she really is.....we saw some classic one liners along the ride, 'East Angular' was one that sticks in my mind, I saw on the front page of the Sun newspaper, someone had made up this 'legendary' phrase in flowers, the Sun also confirmed that this was the phrase that made her famous?! Now is it me or do you normally need to do something to become a celebrity?

Please do not think that I dislike the person this book is harping on about, even more so, I do not wish any ill feelings upon her or her family, she was riding the media wave that the UK had provided her with in the best way that her publicist told her to do....

It makes me laugh how the newspapers were all over her like a rash when the Shilpa Shetty saga was unfolding, many were wanted her head on a stick, then the tragic news that she had terminal cancer....did they carry on the jibes and ridicule? NO, they turned full circle and covered every inch of her demise until the end, then produced an 8 page 'Funeral Special', please pass the sick bucket....

I feel for her kids and her 1st partner as he looks a decent kind of guy, Jack Tweed on the other hand needs to grow up, admit that owing to the media circus that he has been swept up in has got off very lightly with a 12 week prison sentence and move to a remote desert island never to be seen again. Who knows, his memoires will be published soon with the assistance of Jade's personal family Friend, old Maxy boy !!

Buy this to use as a doorstop or additional fuel for the fire, I wouldn't have thought that it contains any information that normal folk would find at all interesting...
1212 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2009
This book is a compendium of everything wrong with modern society. It's poorly written, thoroughly boring and practically has no redeeming merits what so ever apart from the fact it's biodegradable, yet, it will be celebrated, because the brain washed masses are told whom they should worship and where they should impart their cash. Nobody with an iota of brain power will be interested in buying this book anyway.
1212 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2014
Poor jade has been through a lot with the cancer, so i thought id read this book,i bought it through amazon kindle and it was the best read iv had,once i started it i couldnt put it down,the first one i read was very funny too,r.i.p jade,you were amazing,we shared the same birthday but i am definitely not like her.ha ha.
on 14 September 2015
This book had me in fits of laughter, and floods of tears.
It's amazing how one girls dreams swiftly become one girls nightmares.
A touching yet comical story. One I'm glad I read. Being a huge fan of jades this book showed how amazing she truly was.
on 3 April 2013
To say I enjoyed this book sounds very wrong but I did in a certain way. It was so moving and totally honest. I was never a 'fan' of Jade in her hay day but my goodness, after reading this book I found I liked her very much and for her to have passed over at such a young age leaving two small children is so sad. I hope she is at peace and watching over them every day. Bless her.
on 25 November 2010
I really enjoyed this book. I didn't know she ended up in rehab after the BB incident. I think this book will go a long way to explain why it all happened. Just a bit surprised about how she still felt about Shilpa - I thought they patched things up? But all in all, a great read!
on 5 February 2013
although some of the parts of this book are repeated sections of jades first book this is understandable considereing the circumstances at the time of writing. I read the foreward and was in tears it really is so sad how a person can be so ill and for the symptoms to get overlooked for so long until it was too late. A very touching book, I am sad Jade is not with us now she was a fighter.
on 12 November 2013
I bought for daughter doing btec at college. The writing flows and it is quite an intense read. I found a powerful read even though i did not have an interest in her as a star by the end of the book it left me with a lot to think about.
on 8 March 2013
A very honest and matter of fact book. I was never too interested in Jade until the Shilpa Shetty debacle when I thought poor Jade got shafted. Hence my reason for buying this book and helping to add to the funds for her kids.