on 4 November 2000
Ballieres nurses dictionary is a fountain of knowledge. Small enough to carry round with you but still has an abundance of knowledge. It is easy to follow and is an essential aid for student nurses everywhere. This dictionary also tells you how to pronounce those hard to say medical words. It comes complete with appendices and a useful section with websites to visit to help you with your studies.
on 25 August 2002
I used this dictionary years ago when I first started nursing and have yet to find any other that comes close. It is clearly set out with everything you would expect from a dictionary aimed at a specific group - good definitions, tables, diagrams and other information. A dictionary that I will be recommending to those students in my health studies group who go on to nurse training.
on 6 April 2017
Was advised to get this dictionary when offered a new job. It arrived quickly and well packaged and is an ideal size for toting about as it fits in uniform pockets very well.

I'm not sure how much I'll actually use it, but just knowing it is there for reference is reassuring. I did find with tired eyes at the end of the day I needed a magnifying glass so I hope future use will be in the mornings when the caffeine hit is fresh!
on 13 February 2017
This is the one every nurse and medical admin need. It's very comprehensive and just the right size. Lots of added extras too, like common abbreviations and a few diagrams. I now know you can look stuff up on line, but sometimes it's just quicker to flick through a real book!
on 22 June 2017
~This is truly a classic I have owned a nurses dictionary for years now and just had to replace it.
on 8 January 2017
GREAT
on 1 April 2017
Good
on 14 January 2015
Fantastic would highly recommend to other student nurses.
on 30 November 2006
I am a Paramedic & find this to be an invaluable reference that is small enough to be carried around. It explains things clearly & simply, so would also be useful for the layperson.
on 9 March 2017
Or hypochondriac!

Very useful reference point.

Yes I know we all have google on our phones to look things up now but a quick search does not always bring up a reliable source of information.

This is a great size to carry in your bag and words were big enough to read clearly.