Customer reviews

Price:£4.99

on 15 March 2017
very good thanks
on 3 January 2014
My 14 year old daughter is a huge fan and she has all their albums. This was on her Xmas list, so we bought it. On xmas morning we watch the DVD all the way through and it was thoroughly enjoyable. It's not really suited for under 18, which is why we supervised but it actually enjoyed this myself. It gives you a better insight to how they made their last 3 albums, I would recommend it!
on 8 September 2015
It's not unlike early Green Day, and it's the best of the ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! series. In my opinion anyway. Your mileage may vary.

If you don't like Green Day, don't buy this.
on 7 March 2017
Awesome soft rock...
on 27 June 2013
Greenday. Amazing as ever (though can't help feeling American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown were better?) Still throughly enjoyable and exciting to listen to loud
on 15 April 2014
Woah! Cuatro from green day really does give a backstage experience of the band's life.
Go ahead and buy this
on 10 December 2012
What can i say.. This album is fantastic. What a way to finish a trilogy. People slate things like this for the littlest things. Making three albums can't be easy. This album is different from the previous two but its the perfect way to end the trilogy. Every song is different and the forgotten is a great ending. This album reminds me a little of Warning which is great. A Green Day fan of many years like me is sure to appreciate the hard work gone into it and im sure would not be disappointed.
on 18 December 2012
Out of Uno, Dos and Tre, this is my favourite. They are all quite different, and though I like all 3, the style on Tre is one I prefer, but of course this is personal preference and everyone would prefer each of the different styles. This one also doesn't have anywhere near as much swearing as the others.
on 28 December 2012
Green Day finish their trilogy of albums, released within a few weeks of one another, strongly. "Tre!" is probably on a par with "Uno!" as the best of the three with "Dos!", like it's namesake, in second place. "Tre!" is a fantastic record for exactly half the songs on here. But what songs!

"Dirty Rotten Bastards" is my favourite of the lot, coming in at six and a half minutes. Green Day have perfected the double, and sometimes triple, in length song started on "American Idiot" with "Jesus of Suburbia" and "Homecoming", and "DRB" is a bit like "Jesus" crossed with "Minority". It's got this sea-shanty tune that opens and closes the song with this amazing riff and gorgeous melody running throughout. Mixed in are snippets of songs that range from the classic Green Day sound to the Who's "My Generation" sped up, and Mike does some utterly crazy things with the bass. I love it and can't stop listening to it.

A close second is "X-Kid", a power-punk-pop song with shades of `90s staples Bryan Adams and the Stereophonics laid atop one another. It has this brilliantly structured sequence of the instruments coming in one at a time, first the guitar, then the drums, then all cascading wonderfully together at once. It's the kind of song I get goosebumps when it comes on. It's so damn catchy!

"99 Revolutions" is very energetic and fun, it's the anthem for the Occupy movement and should've closed the album instead of the dreary piano ballad "The Forgotten". "Missing You" and "Walk Away" are the kind of songs Billie Joe's perfected over the years and made a fortune from writing. They're classic Green Day from the "Dookie"/"Insomnia" era and are just awesome. They're toe-tapping catchy, fun, cheerful, dance-worthy, upbeat and great.

I wasn't as enthused with the remaining six songs. "Drama Queen" is an acoustic song and seems to be about whatever troubled actress is in the news (Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes, etc.) and sounds a bit like an Oasis B-side from the `90s. "Sex, Drugs & Violence" is a pretty decent punk-pop song with some naff lyrics - they sing "sex, drugs & violence, english, math and science, gimme gimme danger!". Ergh.

I won't talk about the others, they're good for a listen but I don't see myself going back to them much. But the six songs that stand out? No one else in the world could've written these amazing songs but Green Day and for these alone this record is worth getting. It's good to see there are no dodgy raps or songs about killing DJs on this record, and that Green Day have rounded out a solid triple album with one of their strongest collections yet. Proving they continue to make incredible music nearly 25 years into their career, "Tre!" is a must listen to for all Green Day fans.
on 26 January 2013
I love Green Day and can't wait to see them play live in June. However out of the trilogy Tre is my least favourite album. I think this is a personal taste thing as I see from other reviewers that they like Tre and didn't like Dos which is my favourite. Having said that there are some great tracks that I repeat over and over (the rest being fillers in my opinion), those are Brutal Love, Missing You, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Walk Away and The Forgotten. I also have a soft spot for the track Amanda. It's still a better album than most out there today to buy though from other artists so well worth adding to your collection.