Customer reviews

on 6 December 2012
This show was so short lived on broadway ad it's such a shame as the music is FANTASTIC! So many great songs, Leslie Odom Jr should sing more as he is phenomanal! Worth every penny!
on 21 May 2013
I love musicals. I buy as many as possible. Alan Menken is one of my favourite 'modern' composers and Leap of Faith was bought instantly.

I really like this show. The story is excellent and some of the songs are amazing...BUT by the second act everything starts to sound the same. Many of the songs are shouted rather than sung; and I find myself losing attention (or reaching for the volume control). I've listened to this show five times so far and I'm really glad I bought it; but in the future I think I'll be cherry picking the tracks I listen to rather than the whole show.

Definitely worth a listen if you're a musical theatre fan; but the casual listener may be disappointed.
on 4 December 2012
Glorious vocals. Such a crying shame the show didn't run. This is a perfect memento of one of the most rousing musicals I have seen in a long while. Thankfully, Mr Menken thought it a good idea to reassemble the cast for this recording.