Customer reviews

Til Your River Runs Dry
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 April 2013
A brilliant album by the greatest white blues singer this country has ever produced. At 71 he is a true bluesman.
on 17 April 2013
Very much a personal choice because of my identifying with The Animals back in the 70's. If there had been no Beatles or Stones around at the same time, wow............ Also Eric Burdon once went out with my sister in Walker.....or so she once told me!
Just loved the final Bo Diddley track
on 16 May 2013
An essential purchase not only for fans of The Animals or 60s British blues. This record has a lovely Gospel feel and fantastic musicianship. There is also Eric Burdon's usual love of Bo Diddley played out in a great homage. A must for anyone who loves blues and gospel.
on 18 September 2013
A genre of music I am not familiar with but pleasant to the ear. A comment on your john laurie albums led me to trying Eric burden. This fits well into my general fun music a portfolio which includes Dixieland mid forties swing, barber and Donegan.
on 19 May 2013
Sadly I can remember the original version of House of the Rising Sun with EB - thought he had gone into quiet retirement. This album real rocks, his voice has weathered well, and the songs and backing really suit his style, would recommend.
on 24 August 2014
i agree that this album is terrific. i felt that way on first listen. i saw him perform a few of these "live' in June 2014.i cheered just as loud for his new songs. at 73, he was absolutely outstanding.
on 11 May 2014
Eric Burdon is as good as ever or should I say getting better and better. An impressively strong and beautiful voice. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this CD. Hope he will release more new album soon.
on 30 May 2013
i bought it for the track river is rising that i heard on Cerys Mathews show on 6 music, and was very pleased to find the rest was just as good. it's also gots lots of tracks so very good value as well.
on 23 October 2013
Its a long time since I listened to any of Eric Burdon's music and this at first did not sit comfortably with me. However saying that a few plays down the line makes it a little easier on the mind. It is typical EB until the last track (Before you accuse me) which is the only one I can really relate to the early days with the Animals. Maybe that's the problem! I still remember "Sky Pilot", "San Francisco Nights" and the cover of "Paint it Black" and still think of those as the classic's to aim for, this I believe somehow misses them.
on 27 June 2013
I have followed Eric Burtons career from the early 60s singing with the Animals. He has never compromised his position as a blues man. A great record by a great white English blues singer