on 29 November 2013
I have learnt a valuable lesson here and that is to read the full description and not just the price.
I have bought these for wearing around the house as my last pair are dead after 8 years now and I couldn't believe my luck finding a new pair for under £20 as they're normally around £70 here in Sweden... Only thing is that dazzled me and I clearly missed out didn't take in they are patent leather.
Although amazingly comfortable I now walk around the house with the librarian equivalent of hooker heels!!
on 7 August 2013
Birkies are an old favourite because they are simply the best footwear that you can put on your feet.I cannot praise them enough,the fit ,comfort,etc,they caress your feet from first thing in the morning to last thing at night ,as if you have nothing on your feet at all,cool and dry,no tiredness,aching,burning or any of your usual foot problems after a long day on your feet.
In my humble opinion," THE ULTIMATE FOOTWEAR "
on 31 January 2014
This is my first pair of Birkenstock sandals and I love them. They are very comfortable and supportive especially for those who suffer with plantar fasciitis when they wear shoes that don't support the arch of the foot. I bought the garnet patent ones and they look classy for this type of sandal. I am a size 8 regular and that's the size I bought and they fit perfectly. If I had went down a size they would have been too small. I do like shoes and sandals to be loose and roomy rather than tight and the straps have good adjustment. I can't believe the price, only £29.99 which is brilliant. I would have bought another pair in black but the size 8s have all gone :(

Once I've walked about in them for a while I'll add an update.
on 22 November 2013
for some reason the sizing is all wrong, so if you order a size 9, you get a 42, which is a size 8

so if you order a size 10, you get a 43, which is the size 9.

beware!
on 14 February 2014
arrived quickly well packaged what else can I say. Birkenstocks are so comfortable just ideal for wearing anywhere. Oh if you have wide feet then remember to check your purchase
on 24 February 2014
Good build, solid, yet very comfortable after the two week run-in period

I like the adjustable strap. Good price. Looks cool as sandals
on 21 February 2014
Just what is needed for tired feet , great support , and fit ,, and at this price a complete bargain
on 9 April 2014
Thank goodness for BIrkenstocks regular fit as I have wide feet and have trouble finding shoes and sandals to fit that are not incredibly frumpy. Although Birkenstocks are not the most fashionable sandal on the market at least they are usually comfortable enough to walk miles in. Just wish the toe was not quite as tapered though as its just a touch too narrow for me.
on 21 November 2013
Black patent looks fine on a man. I would have preferred him to have had the garnet coloured ones but he liked the black ones. He takes a 10.5 shoe but the size 11s fitted him well. He has quite broad feet but the regular ones were okay - though he filled the base
on 13 April 2014
I use them as slippers in the house. They fit well although it is worth checking the EU size. I take shoe size 9 UK which is 43 EU not 42 EU, but with the open toe style 42 EU fits perfectly.