Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 30 November 2015
Another good read how keeping secrets and only telling the truth when you thought you only wanted people to know what you thought best. This is really good read
on 1 December 2012
Much awaited follow up to "Avoiding Commitment" and it did not disappoint. I could've written 3 reviews for this book, the first about 30% of the way through, the second at about 60% and of course this one after finishing it, so much angst, frustration and emotion that I'm exhausted.
After AC, my heart broke for Lexi and I was totally team Ramsey, I can't understand the attraction of Jack, he's a liar and a cheat - what's to like? But this book made me dislike the three of them individually, they're all as bad as each other at times, lying, keeping secrets, not communicating and decisions no sane person would make - would we??? What makes a 5 star book for me is when I'm reading one of my fave authors and I don't trust what's coming next, I'm doubting them and questioning where the hell they're going with the story, constantly second guessing - wrongly! K A Linde redeemed herself with me, she took me on rollercoaster ride, with highs and lows but when alls said and done she delivered me safely back to earth, affected and reeling but knowing it was worth it for the experience. 😊
on 2 December 2012
This was one of the best book I have read. Loved how it ended! Can't wait for the next book to this series.
on 5 January 2013
I couldn't wait to dive into Avoiding Responsibility as soon as I got my new Kindle for Christmas and honestly, I love this series, I really do. It's emotional, highly charged and sexy but it's so very, very frustrating too.

Avoiding Responsibility brings more drama from the awesome gang, Lexi, Ramsey and Jack. This time Lexi is trying to move on with her life by trying to forget about the two men that plague her thoughts, but that's harder said than done. When Lexi reconnects with Ramsey, he invites her to his sister's and Jack's wedding - O oh! As you can guess, more drama is on it's way for the gang - but can Lexi really move on once and for all?

As soon as I finished this book the first thing I thought was "HOW FRUSTRATING!" And yes, I'm frustrated with you JACK!!! I love you, I really do, but PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER! How is it possible to love and hate a character all at the same time? I was hoping Jack would grow into himself, become more responsible with his feelings and how he acts towards Lexi, but if anything, he's so much worse and I'm honestly not sure how or if he can redeem himself from this. I can see why Lexi loves him so much - even though he treats her badly, but this series is about Lexi and Jack....it has been from the start and just don't see what the point of it all was, if they don't end up together. This journey for them has to mean something. It has got to count for something! I hope so, because I like Ramsey but I don't believe he's the one for Lexi, honestly, I don't.

"We have such a long history that when I look into his eyes that's all I can see. I forget the stupidity of what we've done and who could get hurt. I just remember the man who loved me once"

Despite my frustration with Jack, Avoiding Responsibility is a fantastic sequel. It wasn't as good as the first book - I found there was more of Lexi's wandering thoughts during conversations that I would have liked to have been cut down but otherwise, it was great. I find myself wondering about the third book now - what will the ending be like? Will Jack and Lexi get they're happily ever after? And if Bekah gets a real slap in the face? And I honestly can say, I just don't know. K.A Linde makes this series so unpredictable with her nail biting story line that it's just one you can't predict. Honestly, this book was awesome! Read it and love it people, read it and love it!
on 2 December 2012
Ever since I first read Avoiding Commitment I have been a huge Jack fan. For me I could just see how much he loved Lexi but was too frightened (probably because of his parents) to do anything about it. So he did the only thing he knew how.. played her, broke her heart and generally treated her like dirt. But even after all that I've wanted them together, they are meant to be.

Now on to Ramsey.. I didn't really care for him much in AC but getting into AR I was starting to see his appeal. I warmed to him.. until Parker came on to the scene. Then I just hated him.

This book was full of angst, literally pouring out from every angle. I wanted to hit something or someone (namely Lexi) many times whilst reading this. Is it really that hard for people to be honest and open? Clearly in this little Atlanta community it is.

The ending, mainly the last 15% or so was INTENSE. I had absolutely no idea where the book was going to end up. I wouldn't say I was happy about the ending, the only thing making it ok is the knowledge that there will be a third in the series.

I have to give this book nothing but 5 stars. I have spent the whole day reading and obsessing over it. I've been happy, angry, sad (full on tears) and in the end completely baffled. All credit to K A Linde for writing about these characters, they must give you one hell of a headache!
on 4 December 2012
The follow up to avoiding commitment, begins 1 year after Lexi leaves Atlanta. She finally found the balls to leave jack and their twisted,destructive relationship behind her, after he decides to get engaged to bitchy bekah. Fast forward to present day, and here she is just about to graduate from law school in NYC. But she has been in a relationship with Ramsey, bekah's brother.

I love all things about Ramsey! How he looks, how he rebels, how he cares for lexi, how he protects lexi, how he kisses her! The sexual chemistry between lexi and Ramsey was exploding out the pages.I just much prefer Ramsey over jack! Jack is too selfish in my opinion, though I felt his presence in the 2nd book was somewhat lacking.

I enjoyed this book slightly more than avoiding commitment, Ramsey aside, I felt this book was more believable and felt that lexi had matured over the past year and was not going to keep repeating the stupid mistakes (mainly in the form of jack).

Loved it and can't wait to read the next one!
on 10 December 2012
Oh WOW, I loved AC and I was so totally team Jack in that story. KA Linde brought a very different perspective on AR. I do think Jack still loves Lexi, but he has totally obliterated her heart. I am so now team Ramsey, I dont and hope he isnt a player where Lexi is concerned, I dont think Parker interests him any more and I hope in book 3 that stays the same, but I have a feeling that Adams brother John may make more of an appearance in book 3. Lexi and John seemed to really hit it off. My hope is that Jack has an awful marriage to Becka, Lexi is his divorce lawyer but sends him on his way when he hits on her again, after all the hurt he causes her. I would like Lexi and Ramsay start a new life in New York away from the meddling of Ramsays sister and Parker, along with Jack and John in Lexi's life. Chyna has to marry Adam!!!! Totally loved AR and cant wait for the 3rd book.
on 15 February 2013
I read this before the prequel "Avoiding Committment" which i had to get in order to fuly understand the story.
It is written better than the 50 shades series with just as steamy parts too. The characters aren brillliantt, my faves being the man Lexi and Ramsey; who you are gunning for even in the 1st book.
I did get confused as the writer flit from the past and the present but you soon get the hang of it as the story is great :D

I COUD NOT TURN MY KINDLE OFF.
I read these books all day every day until late at night despite my uni work that I had to do over xmas. It was worth it and I still got great marks.
Win Win.

DEFO RECOMMEND BOTH BOOKS!
on 24 January 2013
What more could you want from the sequel!
I was a little apprehensive as most sequels font live up to the story line of the first book but this defiantly does! One thing which did confuse me was the same as the previous novel where it switched between past and present, like I couldn't remember what had happened before in the chapter as a new one started!
But also pleased she will realised how much a …idiot shall we say Is Jack was! Because the way the first one headed it was if she couldn't see past his lies and I was sure she was going to do the whole Jack mistake again!
Brilliant book though, very pleased with this purchase!
on 9 September 2014
Sittng at the edge of my seat, turning the pages quickly while K.A. Linde weaves the past and the present stories of secrets, lies, heartbreak and love.
Of Lexi's discovering that her past has created the person she has become and that it's just the past.
Often frustrated by Lexi's constant over thinking and analysising the reader wants to shake her into taking responsibility for her own life.
You get so involved in Lexi's story that the only thing that matters is the next page, chapter and last word.
Once again K.A. Linde captivates the reader in Avoiding Responsibilities.