on 16 October 2013
I discovered Ratt in Detonator which made me immediate big fan and I went back in time to discover other 4 past albums which are all very good albums indeed. Amazing thing is all those 5 CDs are here in this boxset. That was their heydays. After the 7 years hiatus, they came back with Collage and the self-titled Ratt (Not to be confused with the debut EP Ratt) and then 10 years hiatus again until Infestation. The first 5 albums* are probably Ratt's best work to date and I am sure every Ratt fan agrees.

This box set comes in hard card board box a little thicker than the normal CD jewel case and inside goes 5 CDs in separate sleeves with album art, track lists and little production info. Don't expect lyrics, photos and booklet as in standard CDs. It's economical for a collector which will also minimise the storage space in the rack.

Ratt albums in chronological order -
1984 Out Of The Cellar*
1985 Invasion Of Your Privacy*
1986 Dancing Undercover*
1988 Reach For The Sky*
1990 Detonator*
1997 Collage
1999 Ratt
2010 Infestation

The first 5 marked * are packed in this original series boxset. All to feature original line up of founding members - Stephen Pearcy on vocal, Warren DeMartini and late Robbin Crosby on guitars, Juan Croucier on bass and Bobby Blotzer on drums.

What a bargain. Grab it.
Rock 'N' Roll \,,/,
on 12 October 2015
Excellent. Takes me back to my youth in the eighties, spending too many nights in a local rock club (hence I now suffer from Tinnitus).
Reach for the sky was slightly weaker, but Detonator saw the band return to form.
on 3 January 2014
The Minus first - When I found this, I thought what a great price for the set but upon receiving it I am a little disappointed. Even though the albums have great sound, I cannot fault them, the packaging is a different story. The cardboard sleeves remind me of something that you get free with a newspaper or magazine. It could be my fault expecting too much for the price. If I see anymore Original Album Series....I will not be buying them.

The Plus - Superb quality of sound on the CDs. The first album I put straight in upon receiving these was Detonator....brought back many memories.

Please bare the cardboard sleeves in mind though when buying. These will do until I buy what I deem as the proper albums with jewel case and artwork.
on 1 January 2014
This is the best value boxset I've seen for a while. RATT were (and based on 2010's Infestation) still are a truly amazing band. Some of these songs still have the ability to raise the hairs on the back of your neck. Blotzer's relentless pounding of the skins combined with the King's awesome riffs take you right back to the late 80's - when Metal ruled the world.

If you are a Ratt fan, this will probably complete your collection, if you are newcomers to the band, this will be the best £10 you'll spend on music this year!!

I'd also reccomend Stephen Pearcy's new book, it's a great fun read and gives a unique insight into the massive highs and lows the band went through.
on 21 October 2014
been rocking to these guys since they came out,,missus hates it so that's good,,, headbanging in the work van helps with my anger issues,,,,fantastic
on 16 July 2014
Great album release - have them on vinyl but to have a quick-grab Ratt pack for the car is fantastic !
on 20 December 2014
Great production, limited sleeve notes but for the price it's a perfect blast from the past.
on 21 March 2016
Fantastic box set containing five studio albums by one of my favourite bands, the mighty RATT !
on 24 October 2014
Excellent value for money with this compilation.
on 22 May 2015
Excellent way to replace old vinyl with CD's.