Customer reviews

on 20 February 2015
Bought for my undergraduate law course; really useful and informative. Clear and concise. Great support for an undergraduate degree.
One person found this helpful
on 25 January 2014
I found this book easy to read with nicely laid out topics and boxes... it made learning medical law and ethics much easier than some other law textbooks I have read.
One person found this helpful
on 30 November 2015
A good book! I was expecting a much smaller book, but this was more like a textbook which actually suited me very well!
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 24 July 2015
First class book packed with the information I was looking for. Bought for only a few pounds but would retail for over forty. Fantastic value.
on 14 April 2016
Excellent, recommended and trusted seller. AAA*
on 6 October 2015
It was worth it
on 31 August 2015
so-so
on 26 November 2013
I'm in my final year of law and tend to choose books to buy that give a really good understanding that are easy to read - I'm happy to report this book does just that.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 April 2013
Provides a very detailed insight into the ethical and legal issues in the medical context. All the arguments laid out are efficiently supported by relevant commentary, which makes it a perfect textbook as part of a Law or Medical degree. I have read Herring's other textbooks on Criminal Law and Family Law, and although these other two are very helpful, I have found this one by far the most interesting and insightful.
5 people found this helpful
on 24 October 2012
This is a good textbook on medical law. It gives a comprehensive coverage of all the relevant issues.

The only reason that stopped me from awarding 5 stars is the style he uses throughout the text to advance an extreme feminist cause.

The numerous "she or he" are distracting to say the least. This is a solemn legal textbook on a non-feminist subject, which I believe is not the approriate forum to advance feminist cause, however legitimate it may be. Of course the time may come in the future when "she or he" is the norm, then the author cannot be faulted for using it. But the time has not come yet, and Oxford University Press should have introduced some editorial consistency in their textbooks: if "she or he" is not used in a textbook on property law, why should it appear in a textbook on medical law?
5 people found this helpful