Colour: Black/Purple|Size: 5-5.5 (EU: 38-39)|Change

Colour: Black/Purple|Size: 5-5.5 (EU: 38-39)|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love to skate. I don't get to go often and I've never had my own pair of skates and such beautiful skates at that; these look more like high-end trainers than the clunky, scuffed white leather bovver boots I usually get to wear. I've been dying for a chance to get on the ice and test them out and this week, I finally got the chance. They felt very strange at first, they're so much lighter than what I'm used to wearing, with a very firm fit which feels extremely safe, secure and supportive. But, once over the initial shock of the fit and the feel, the sensation is just WOW! It's like having nothing on my feet, I just sailed across the ice - like flying; I've never felt so fast or so light, a veritable Arial - which is a novel experience indeed (I'm quite a chunky lass). It was simply wonderful; I didn't want to come off the ice (the experience has been haunting my dreams ever since). I'm in love these skates. I cannot wait for the chance to get out and skate on them again.
For casual use these scates are great, I find them really comfy and light and the fasteners make them easy to put on and off. You can quickly and easily secure them firmly - I've not good blisters using these There's no toe stop so these are not really for figure skating but for bombing around my local rink I find them a vast improvement on hire skates.

The skates are well made, didn't need the blades grinding before use and I find them true to size. The blades are quite curved on the bottom, as I'd expect from these hockey player style skates; on first use it took me a little time to get used to them but I love the way they move over the ice now!

The only criticism I would make is that the guards for the blades them come with are not for actual use - mine broke very quickly, and the bag is ok for storage but has short handles and is again not really robust enough to be used. You should also note that the instructions are all in German!

A good buy, nonetheless, for anyone who wants to skate for fun.
VINE VOICEon 18 August 2014
Colour: Black / Gold|Size: 8-8.5 (EU: 42-43)|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Wearing with thick socks to protect my ankles I went up a size and I think this is good advise. Not at all what Im used to, usually hire the ice rink own skates which are smelly and heavy. These feel great on, hardly like skates at all and if you've only every worn the ones provided you in for a real treat with these. For the price I cant believe the quality, but be aware they have a maximum weight of 100 kg (just under 16 stones).

The price varies depending on your size and colour, the skate can be cheaper in a different colour or size so its definitely worth researching all combinations first. The lower current price was around eighteen pounds which is definitely worth it for the quality and hygene wise wearing your own skate is priceless.

I cant review on the techniques that can be achieved as Im a novice skating only one direction and close to the edge rail, I found them easy to get on but spent some time getting the fastening technique to a satisfactory fit which will improve with more use.
on 20 February 2014
Arrived promptly, very well packed. Well made, easy to wear, great price. I was so pleased with them, I bought a pair for my granddaughter & she is thrilled with them.
Colour: Black / Red|Size: 5.5 - 6.5 (EU: 38 - 39)|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I think these are brilliant and such good value. They're like high top trainers in a hard plastic frame and they're incredibly light. Very well padded inside, particularly around the ankle. Very quick to put on, with laces plus a velcro strap and a hard plastic ankle strap with quick release. Colour way is unisex. Really good starter skates.
on 6 March 2014
Like the colour and design. daughter loves them and goes ice skating as often as she can. Would recommend to family and friends.
on 17 January 2016
I am a 12 year old boy and bought the black and gold versions. Apparently for women? But they are fantastic i am so pleased, I have been 5 times with these boots and have now had them sharpened as they are starting to loose control a bit. I would 100% recommend these to anyone, brilliant!
on 2 May 2015
Really pleased with these, comfortable to wear and was able to use them without sharpening first. Great value for money.
on 23 March 2016
MY SON IS A 12 YEAR OLD AND NORMALLY A SIZE 5 . I ORDERED THE LARGER SIZE SO THAT HE COULD GET THE WEAR FROM THEM ( SIZE 6-7 ) AND HE COULD NOT GET HIS FOOT IN THEM. I REORDERED THE SIZE 8 AND THEY WERE FINE
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 12 October 2014
Comfortable pair of skates which come in a carry bag, they have the blade guards etc.
A brilliant starter pair if skates but if your child wants to get further then an investment in a more robust pair would certainly be recommended.
They are comfortable and have a ratchet style clips rather than laces so easy to adjust to most foot and leg shapes.
For the price these are excellent though.