VINE VOICEon 26 November 2014
These batteries give exactly performance. They hold their charge will when stored, and have a great capacity ensuring good usage.
I use mine in my camera flash, and the cycle time between flashes is kept low due to their great functionality.
I'd happily recommend these for anyone looking for rechargeable batteries.
on 30 July 2015
Good product so far charges well and holds charge very well. Im a proffesional photographer and use these in flash guns with no problem at all.
on 7 November 2014
Panasonic eneloop batteries, have not tested them yet, but supposed to be the bees knees in rechargeable. Took some time to arrive, but should be worth the wait
on 1 October 2014
Great batteries, which hold their charge well. We are replacing all of the old NiMH batteries with these
I bought a pack of these to compare with the regular eneloop's
These Mignon cells are designed for high power drain devices (digital cameras, and esp flashes) and indeed I found improved re-cycle times on the flashguns I use them in.

There are a few pros and cons though
The advantage of these cells are they will last a bit longer than normal good quality AA's (Ni-MH), and they can operate in quite low temperatures without the performance falling apart (evidently as low as -20) I have used them in the cold but not to that level (no problems were seen)

They do hold a charge well as stated 85% after a year, I see no reason to doubt that figure. I don't usually store cells like this for ages but they didn't seem to lose any significant charge after a few months not being used.
On the downside the estimated lifespan is around 500 charges, and they are fairly expensive. The latest generation of normal white eneloops can last for up to up to 1800 re-charge cycles.

On balance, I think the normal eneloops are a better overall buy (there are some others that make a good battery though)
Esp suitable for flash users who want improved flash performance, for most other users the standard ones are a better buy.

Good product though, 4 starts misses out on a 5 due to price and lower life span
33 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2014
have you ever recharged a battery, put it away for a while and found it flat when needed? Not so with these batteries.. Have you found some high demand devices not turn on with fully charged batteries, well not so with these.
I have had several sets of these with the oldest dated early 2012 and still going strong. Not some thing I can proudly state about the competitors batteries I have used from both known brands and unknown brands.

For example one set of batteries will easily give 2 full days walking from my Garmin Dakota 20 GPS. The same task with alkali batteries will require 2=3 sets.
I use Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries a long time (5+ years) and was interested for this generation due to 500+ cycles already made on last pack that resulted to a decrease in their capacity.

After its purchase my testing showed that out-of-the box they are charged around 1800mAh that is cca 70% of their rated capacity of 2550mAh.

After they are recharged for the first time the average capacity increased around 5% comparing to their nominal capacity (2450mAh) and remaining steady on that level for the next several recharging cycles I made.

The batteries are advertised able to be recharged up to 1800 cycles for which it will take several years for the average, even demanding users, in same time not losing more than 85% of their nominal capacity.

For what I've seen so far these batteries can be recommended although it would be impossible for me and most of the other users to try aforementioned.

Nevertheless, if you are in need for 4 recharging batteries and/or have same problem I had with decreased capacity of older batteries, for this price you will be more than satisfied.

I received a sample of Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries for the purpose of testing and unbiased review, while all the presented information is based on my impressions.
on 17 March 2014
I recently bought a new bridge camera that requires 4 x AA cells. I tried using old NiMH batteries which work fine in my old bridge camera but they were not reliable in the new camera. The 4 alkaline cells supplied with the camera were reliable but had a very short life and would have proved to be a very expensive and inconvenient as I needed the camera on a long holiday abroad.

I decided to power the camera with new NiMH cells and after reading reviews on eneloop batteries I opted to spend a little extra on the HR-3UWXB-4BP cells.

The batteries arrived well within the estimated delivery time and were charged when received. I fitted them to the camera and it powered up without any problems and I took a few test shots just to be confident they would continue to supply the required current.

I have since been away on holiday and used the camera for hundreds of shots and suffered no battery problems at all. Most days I did a rough calculation of usage and recharged the cells for an appropriate time. The odd day I forgot to recharge them and they still had enough power to see me through.

In my view these batteries are of very high quality and have performed perfectly and I would highly recommend them.
on 13 November 2014
Arrived on time ... My camera kept dying on me and was advised to get these type of batteries .. Brilliant .. Been constantly working since I put them in .. Have now ordered different sizes .. Am never buying another type of rechargeable batteries ever .. After a year they are 85% charged and a friend who only buys these says yep that's true .. Wish I had heard of these before .. Would have saved so much money !!! even tho they are slightly more expensive .
One of my better buys .....
on 6 February 2014
I need these batteries for a chip recognising cat-flap. This places high demands on AA batteries and having tried several popular alternatives Sanyo Eneloop are by far the most effective.