Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 July 2013
After hearing The Nothing Part II on Radio 6 I had to go out and rush out and buy this album - I can't remember the last time one single listen to one song has had this effect on me but now im just glad I was listening at that time because this album is pure joy and a thrilling collection of gorgeous, warm, clever and captivating songs from a clearly immensely talented new voice in alternative music. Anyone who isnt hollering out the chorus by the end of The Nothing Part II with a big smile on their face is seriously missing something - listen and you'll know what I mean.

Her vocals and guitar sound are very reminiscent of Bettie Serveert who to my mind are one of the most criminally forgotten about indie bands of the 90s, and at times there are reminders of Feist too but with a lot more depth and slighly more oddball lyrics (she wants to eat our organs basically...). I have lost track of the amount of times I have listened to this album in the past few weeks but it just keeps getting better and better and I can't wait to see Lady Lamb the Beekeeper live. Also worth checking out the video to The Nothing Part II which is marvellously odd and features scenes of kidnapping and cherry pie eating which will stay with you for a long time, just like the song itself.
on 29 September 2013
I first heard The Nothing Pt 2 and it certainly got my attention. As a genre, female singer songwriters are having a ball, particularly if you can master that vocal 'crack' trick, still loved by TV singing competition judges across the airwaves, but it's almost embarrassingly over-used. Here, although there is some vocal stylising, you have a totally different being. Styles range from folky rocky singalonga country, to Justin Vernon-esqueness, to the darkest of dark places in the powerfully fearful Taxidermist Taxidermist (what awful thing must have happened in your past to be able to produce that?). Too many people like a pigeonhole to put artists in. That's going to be rather difficult here because the album encompasses a number of different styles, fortunately for us the listener, and although we'd probably all like to keep Lady Lamb a bit of a secret, success should surely be assured.
on 15 April 2013
Listening to this gave me the same feeling as when i first hears Patti Smiths Horses..although its not similar in musical terms... but it a unique sound and i would say if you like Jeff Buckley youll adore it
on 9 June 2013
A truly wonderful album, as previously stated not a bad track on it,excellently written and brilliantly performed, certainly would recommend it.
on 19 April 2013
I received the first copy. Great music by an innovative artiste. Unfortunately my vinyl copy would not play properly. One of the noisiest records I have received of late. I thoroughly cleaned the record on a Clearaudio Professional Matrix Machine and still too noisy to listen to properly. I complained and received a replacement. This was not much better than the first example. These were pressed on 180 gms vinyl so no excuse. I ended up ordering a CD of this album because the vinyl copies were such bad pressings. Shame as it defeats the object of having a better audiophile quality in an analogue format.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse